i have a 31mm sterile dial and would like to obtain a case and then of course a movement.how does one know which case /movement will fit?are there set measurements you need to know or written information available?any help would be appreciated.B.

49 minutes ago, rduckwor said:

Ebay is your friend.  Likely that dial, depending upon what movement it was designed to fit, will support a case and movement you can find on Ebay.  Good luck,

RMD

the dial has 4 feet and has a date window 1cm from centre to window centre and i dont know which movement it was intended for!B.the feet are between 2 and 3 ,5 and 6 ,8 and 9,10 and 11

11 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

the dial has 4 feet and has a date window 1cm from centre to window centre and i dont know which movement it was intended for!B.the feet are between 2 and 3 ,5 and 6 ,8 and 9,10 and 11

Sounds like you bought an generic chinese dial, it has four feets so you can fit it to several movements, for example if you want to use it with an ETA you leave the one between 2 & 3 and the one between 8 & 9 and cut of the rest. Then you can use it with for example an ETA 2824-2 or a clone of that movement.
After the weekends sometime I will make an PDF tutorial in how to assemble your own watch and what to think about before doing it, maybe it might help you

Edited by HSL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, HSL said:

Sounds like you bought an generic chinese dial, it has four feets so you can fit it to several movements, for example if you want to use it with an ETA you leave the one between 2 & 3 and the one between 8 & 9 and cut of the rest. Then you can use it with for example an ETA 2824-2 or a clone of that movement.
After the weekends sometime I will make an PDF tutorial in how to assemble your own watch and what to think about before doing it, maybe it might help you

THAT WOULD BE SUPERB! THANKS B.

If You want to cross over into the "dark side" and go quartz  you could probably use a ronda 515 movement since it shares the dial feet position of the ETA 28XX . I have a fossil blue am 3615 with that movement that has a dial that is about that size.it has a very robust all stainless case and bracelet. of course you have to like the styling of these watches, and  the bracelets are not interchangeable among styles. but you could assemble an interesting unique watch for very little coin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yankeedog said:

If You want to cross over into the "dark side" and go quartz  you could probably use a ronda 515 movement since it shares the dial feet position of the ETA 28XX . I have a fossil blue am 3615 with that movement that has a dial that is about that size.it has a very robust all stainless case and bracelet. of course you have to like the styling of these watches, and  the bracelets are not interchangeable among styles. but you could assemble an interesting unique watch for very little coin.

cheers.B

Search EBay for 31MM dials. Once you find one, it will generally offer you options below the listing for associated things like cases and hands.  Most cases will tell you what movement will fit.  Four dial feet offers you a wide variety of movements/holders to which you can adapt the dial to fit.

RMD

• Like 1