• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• GLAD TO BE HERE NEED SOME EDUCATED HELP ON A ETERNA MILITARY THE SERIAL NUMBER DATES THE WATCH 1942.THE MOVEMENT LOOKS ALMOST LIKE A 852S BUT FROM WHAT I HAVE READ THE 850,852 AND THE 852S WERE ALL 15 JEWEL.MY WATCH HAS A POLISHED SURFACE 17 JEWEL CENTER SWEEP WITH SLIGHT VISUAL DIFFERENCES FROM THE 852S .NOW I DID READ THAT ETERNA MADE ETA'S 853 THROUGH 859 AND THERE IS NO DOCUMENTATION ON ANY OF THOSE.AND THE LAST THING IS THE HOUR HAND HAS 2 DOTS FROM WHAT I HAVE READ THEY COULD HAVE BEEN USED AS A PILOT WATCH .I HAVE RESEARCHED THIS FOR A LONG TIME AND HAVE NOT SEEN ANOTHER ONE FROM ETERNA OR ANY DOCUMENTATION ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANK YOU AND GLAD TO BE HERE.
    • My hairspring fixing is not good, but I suppose I could have a go.
    • Hi As a starter google watch/clock repairers in the area around where you live it will give you an indication of what is available
    • Hi The train wheels are all free running,  does the pallet (fork) snap backwards and forwards cleanly when moved, without the balance in , If the action is sharp and crisp the fault lies within the balance area, Is it in beat is balance spring fouling the cock, is the spring concentric, is impulse pin loose , Pallet stones in good shape and not loose, pallet stones locking and un locking ok these are but a few pointers to check before trearing it to pieces again. Doubtless other members will have other actions for you to look at.
    • Here are a couple of other images of the Seiko and yesterday's Timex. The only issue with the otherwise excellent Seiko is that some ham-fisted  baboon (not me), has attempted to open the back with a crowbar. I can't decide if the Seiko is from 2004 or 2014, but I suspect 2004 from the styling. I have spotted a couple of Pulsar models with the 7N32 caliber from 2004, and even a couple of Seikos from 2014, so in fact it could be either.