Eager to learn

ESB

Hi, I'm a civil engineer in the Southeast US. I have a Seiko 5 in need of some repair which is what led me here. Very intrigued by the repair/service videos I have seen on the watch repair channel. I would like to crack open the case of my seiko 5 and see if I can repair it, but I know I cant do that without some guidance at least. I enjoy sipping whiskey, rowing my own gears, and chasing my 18 month old around the house. I first got into watches when I replaced the flight master that was given to me. Purchased the SNZG15 because i loved the looks and thought the automatic movement was pretty cool. Only other watch is the classic G-shock. I dont see myself ever being heavily invested in a watch, but I enjoy a piece of nice craftsmanship on my wrist.

Eric

Hi, I'm a civil engineer in the Southeast US. I have a Seiko 5 in need of some repair which is what led me here. Very intrigued by the repair/service videos I have seen on the watch repair channel. I would like to crack open the case of my seiko 5 and see if I can repair it, but I know I cant do that without some guidance at least. I enjoy sipping whiskey, rowing my own gears, and chasing my 18 month old around the house. I first got into watches when I replaced the flight master that was given to me. Purchased the SNZG15 because i loved the looks and thought the automatic movement was pretty cool. Only other watch is the classic G-shock. I dont see myself ever being heavily invested in a watch, but I enjoy a piece of nice craftsmanship on my wrist.
Eric
Hello and welcome. I'm about to procure a 5 myself so I can learn the inner workings of a movement. I haven't touched a watch in years so Im' in the same boat as you. Maybe we can share notes.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk