Can you ID this movement ?

Sorry about asking again, I am trying to either replace or repair this movement. Mainspring slipping or broken, balance bottoming out. It's says Lanco 15 jewels and has a number dial side but apart from the number I can't find any other mark.

IMG_20190630_123628.jpg

IMG_20190630_123145.jpg

IMG_20190630_123746.jpg

IMG_20190630_123236.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Something close to this. http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?00&ranfft&0&2uswk&Langendorf_2_10_5

Movement is probably from around  the 1930 . 

1930 ! If I can find its cal I will try and find what's needed, my only other option is to find out the correct movement for the watch and try to find one. The rear has Fero 76c stamped on it, I have looked in case it could be the original movement cal, but found nothing. If anyone knows the correct movement for this watch I would be grateful. I know it isn't a fantastic watch, but I like the way it looks.

IMG_20190627_190903.jpg

Edited by Johnnie
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

Don't think it's the original movement. Says 17 jewels on the dial and 15 on the Lanco movement. I looked at Fero and found this. https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/268861639/fero-17-jewels-196070s-gents-watch-with?utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share

Should think it could have had a EB 1197? 

Indeed Rogart I agree with you, that is why I am considering finding the original movement type.

Don't think it's the original movement. Says 17 jewels on the dial and 15 on the Lanco movement. I looked at Fero and found this. https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/268861639/fero-17-jewels-196070s-gents-watch-with?utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share

Should think it could have had a EB 1197? 

Thank you Rogart, just looked at your link, the same watch! You have made up my mind for me, I am going to find an EB1197 movement and replace the Lanco. Many thanks again :biggrin:

• Like 1

Hi johnnie,  if intact, give the dial feet coordinates,, I,ll dive in my bag of tricks. 

If you got a staking set, I am pretty sure, I have the staff and movement parts to EB1197 and some other EB calibers.

Regards joe

3 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Hi johnnie,  if intact, give the dial feet coordinates,, I,ll dive in my bag of tricks. 

If you got a staking set, I am pretty sure, I have the staff and movement parts to EB1197 and some other EB calibers.

Regards joe

Hi Joe, the dial feet have been removed, and the dial was held in place with glue ! At the moment I have not got a staking set. This photo is of the movement as it came out, took ages to remove the glue. You can see in the photo the sheets of glue that I had picked off. 

IMG_20190629_204723.jpg

11 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Regards joe

As I have said before, I have bought a right mongrel and have renamed this watch "Rex" it isn't valuable but I like it. It seems that I either find the original movement or repair this one and now feel that I should repair this one after all. If I swop the movement over I have a "ok ish watch" that I can wear for little money. Or I can repair this movement, and in doing so will learn much. As Joe said.. have you got a staking set ! No, but looking at them on eBay, they are beautiful things and I want one ! What a lovely tool to have on your bench. So this watch is rather wonderful after all! 

8 hours ago, Johnnie said:

Hi Joe, the dial feet have been removed, and the dial was held in place with glue ! At the moment I have not got a staking set. This photo is of the movement as it came out, took ages to remove the glue. You can see in the photo the sheets of glue that I had picked off. 

IMG_20190629_204723.jpg

Back when watches weren,t looked upon as collectible, Some watch destroyer broke dial feet to glue this movement to.

• Like 1

Hi,

The movement appears to be the savonette version of the 11''' Langerdorf/Lanco 1 which probably goes back to the 1920s. As others have stated, it is clearly not original to your watch as Fero used pin-lever movements from Baumgartner, Brac, EB and possibly others.

Regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rogart63 said:

have some EB1197 parts here to if you need . I am over the sea but should take a week. Let me know and i have a look. 

BTW what is a Mongrel? have heard the word but what does it mean? 

Made from parts of varied and indeterminate parentage. Usually, but not always, applied to dogs.

Regards.

• Like 2

have some EB1197 parts here to if you need . I am over the sea but should take a week. Let me know and i have a look. 

BTW what is a Mongrel? have heard the word but what does it mean? 

Many thanks Rogart, as yet I have not taken the movement apart, but what's immediately obvious is the spring balance is bottoming out so cannot swing freely, and if you try to wind it, it slips after a couple of turns. I am dithering between the best course of action as my experience is really limited. Do I replace the movement or repair the old one, my head says replace, my heart says repair.  

Got this off eBay last night £5.21 including postage. Hopefully this will do ? Not sure but for £5.21 it was worth the risk. This one doesn't have a sub dial though. Was hoping to use it for parts, ? BUT I expect to be wrong! 

s-l300 (1).jpg