scott simon

My guess would be the depression at 11 o'clock.  Press gently with fine tweezers and pull gently.  Realize that this is a quartz, and the mechanisms are not as well made as a mechanical.  Might take a few tries.  Good Luck,

RMD

1 minute ago, watchweasol said:

Hi  What make and calibre is the quartz movement.  The picture blurrs when enlarged. Armed with that information we may be able to find more details for you.

You see, the OP is a beginner, he doesn't know. plus the picture is too poor to read the markings.
Now, the suggestion above of a recess in the PCB next right to the stem is the more likely. otherwise on can always research more.

17 minutes ago, jdm said:

You see, the OP is a beginner, he doesn't know. plus the picture is too poor to read the markings.
Now, the suggestion above of a recess in the PCB next right to the stem is the more likely. otherwise on can always research more.

Hi I  gathered that he was a beginner but If he has the ability to open it up and investigate one would have thought a little research had been done before hand therefore the reference to the calibre etc would be relavant . The depression of the said dimple would be the likely release point but better to get or find the technical details before diving in.   I think the watch is A Nicolet Jogger. Still trying to find the technical details.

49 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi I  gathered that he was a beginner but If he has the ability to open it up and investigate one would have thought a little research had been done before hand therefore the reference to the calibre etc would be relavant.

Agree. Forum is a great resource for when one is stuck, but why not trying a bit harder before  posting and having then to wait.

Hi   I agree with your sentiment but unfortuntly not all of us have the enquier's instinct and reach for help at the first hurdle and so therefore one has to take the initiave and lead to be able to acertain the requirements and range of help needed and if necessary help with a bit of research. Having been repairing clocks and watches as a hobby for 50 plus years and being computer literate ( computer engineer ) one gains an insight for diagnostics and as such only too glad to help my fellow man. This forum is a mine of information and should always remain so. Help costs very little.

• Like 2