chrisbuxton27

Two Tone Watch Dial Refinishing Wanted

Question

6 answers to this question

Nice dials, look like they are brand new. Only way of getting something similar is directly from Omega and they will charge for both the part and the installation...if they ever do this job.

One of the "best kept secrets" when refinishing dials is using baby oil! It makes them shiny. I just did a Seiko dial that looked like garbage and it came back looking really good considering and the luster restored. All that said, if a dial is not completely bad, I'd re use it on its original watch. It just shows the age and authenticity of the watch itself. I'd like to think about those as "battle scars" to be proud of!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.
    • There is an informative piece on this subject here: http://www.mybulova.com/forums/rebuilt-bulova-23
    • Pivot jumps out of the jewel hole easily if the side shake is due to large jewel hole.  What oil did you use on escape teeth? And how much? How did you apply the oil?  Surely you know, poor amplitude is usually due to the drag on pallets.  Did you take the readings you posted on low barrel wind? Low power?  replaced the mainspring? How did you clean the balance jewels, did you peg? If the cock was previously shimmed on the outer bounds, the shim easily go unnoticed or gets  washed away and you be left with excess end shake. I think the balance is fine, the issue lies in the esacpe mech and shakes need finer adjustment then proper lube.
    • Ah, ok, as you mentioned 220 Amp with chrono running I didn't think about this area.   So here are more candidates: - remove chrono runner friction spring nd observe amp (to check if tension was too high) - check engagement of driving wheel-clutch wheel-chrono runner (if its too high and teeth are touching the opposite wheels ground amp will collapse). Do the check with the chrono running for a whole minute in case not all the wheels are 100% concentric.   I think you already checked that all bearings are absolutely clean and no teeth are damaged (esp on the runner).
    • Hi, Can anyone help identify this movement please. I received this in a job lot of cheap project watches - Spares & repairs.  The watch is supposed to be a Debaufre GMT Ocean 2 but I suspect it's fake because there's no letters or numbers on the movement and it just has a cheap feel & look to it. Plus there's a type of retaining metal ring surrounding the movement. Is that normal or common?  Any help to identify this would be much appreciated. Thanks.