The Day After Meter!

In Scotland, recent change to the law regarding lowering the alcohol limit for driving from 80mg to 50mg alcohol per 100ml blood has me concerned about driving the morning after a night out. I am certainly not a heavy drinker, but I do like a few drinks when out with friends. As a lot of folk on here know my other hobbies are motorcycles and cars. I would be devastated to lose my licence when unaware that I was over the limit, so as a precaution, I have purchased a breathalyser as used by both Police and NHS. It cost £45 and I think it's money well spent to take the Russian Roulette out of the equation.

c3438b8d-a97c-44fc-b83e-0482798c455e.jpg

Good idea, Geo. I'm not a heavy drinker, but I always take a little less at night if I know I have an early start in the morning. Luckily, that's rare these days!

I used exactly the same tactics before, but one now there is very little room for error up here.

OK guys, here's the story.

Bering in mind that the English legal limit is 80 and Scottish is now 50 Milligrammes alcohol per 100ml blood.

My results from last night after four pints of Guinness, one bottle of Cobra, one Indian meal and then two double Drambuies. My last drink was at 10.40

First reading 11.40pm equated to ........... 341

Second reading 5.30am ........................... 94

Third reading 8.30am ................................. 0

I took three readings to check that it was zero because I didn't believe the result the first time.

that is interesting because by coincidence you seem to have partaken of the same drinks as I would go for. We're they pub doubles or house doubles ?

It's a bugger when you have to get up at 5.30 to go to the bog

cheers,

Vic

that is interesting because by coincidence you seem to have partaken of the same drinks as I would go for. We're they pub doubles or house doubles ?

It's a bugger when you have to get up at 5.30 to go to the bog

cheers,

Vic

Another man with good taste!

They were pub doubles Vic.

I remember the days when as soon as you crossed the border into Scotland the drinks were bigger. I may be wrong but I think in foreign measures they worked out at 35 mill instead of 25 that you got in England. On a recent trip however I noted that they were down to 25 mil in Scotland unless you were buying in the Hotel where they were the proper Scots size of 35.

I queried it with the barman who told me that the drinks in pubs had been reduced to 25 some time ago but hotels were exempt. It all sounds very much like over regulation if it is true.

Vic

Scottish pub measures were always bigger - more like France. I was playing at a (mainly) Scottish wedding last night, and one of the wedding guests was passing round a silver quaiche (Scottish drinking bowl) filled with Abelour malt. It was passed up to the stage and, though I could only take a sip (driving), boy, did it taste good!

My own sideboard drinks cupboard has, among other things, Dalwhinnie, Old Pulteney and Auchentoshan malts - not to mention Chivas Regal blended, Calvados, Armagnac, cider brandy distilled by the Ampleforth monks, and Alnwick rum. The wine rack of reds is in the cupboard under the stairs, and the even bigger wine rack in the garage houses the whites and the Belgian beers... Oh, and my own 4-year old sloe gin is somewhere in the back of the cupboard.

So, it's all round my house - yes?

Hmm - just remembered the pear eau-de-vie and the Wyborowa Polish vodka in the bottom of the freezer.

Edited by WillFly