Pezed

Hi from sunny Cornwall. 

I have just bought a few watches from e-bay with a view to stripping them down and seeing what's what!  I may or may not have any aptitude for this pastime, and so in the first instance I'm gonna be sticking to cheap, and fairly cheap seiko's. I've ordered a pair of vintage 5's  and a vintage 5 Sportsmatic deluxe diashock. The former because there are thousands of them around, cheap as chips and mountains of spares. The latter because I think it looks gorgeous, in a 60's dated manner!  I'd rather not trash the deluxe so it'll sit for a while until I build up some skills & confidence with the other two. Stumbled across Mark on YouTube and have been sucked in by the seeming simplicity of this activity.......however, I know from previous experience that when somebody makes something look very easy, it's usually not! Take plastering for example. It involves making a liquid defy Newtonian gravity and stick, flawless, to vertical, or even overhead surfaces. Looks easy when viewing somebody that has sold his soul to the devil in exchange for that skill. Drystone walling, glass cutting, brain surgery etc etc can all look deceptively easy until you try them. 

Apart from this intro, I shall probably become a frequent, but silent visitor, a so called "lurker" hoping to pick up the lingo and a lot of tips.  

The library of Mark's servicing videos seems to be lacking the venerable 7619-9020,  I could loan one, if he promised to be careful  (-;

Pezed