Sign in to follow this  
m1ks

Helm Komodo Microbrand review

Having recently ordered and recceived my Komodo, (a Seiko NH35 powered microbrand diver), I did a review video as I was very impressed with the quality of it.
I can also say the communication from Helm is exemplary, to the point they have, a short while ago mailed regarding my comments on the bracelet / strap fitted at packaging in the video, I'm waiting on another microbrand I ordered on a Kickstarter which is supposed to be due to ship very soon and have to say, the updates on the progress are very sparse compared to the sale adverts that keep appearing so far so this one is a very pleasant change.
Link here for anyone interested, thanks.

Mike

I have two Helm watches and they are very well made.  I passed on the Komodo due to it's size. (40MM is small for me.)  I did ask Mark Helm if he had plans for a larger version.  He has always been responsive to emails.

RMD

K_1.jpg

w.jpg

Edited by rduckwor
Addition

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Thanks for the advice. I was worried about the film. I found the isopropyl left some white residue on the parts. Which is why I moved to acetone, but I can't wash pallets or the balance for too long in it. I also have petroleum ether 80-100. Would you be able to recommend a product for me to try? I've never tried one of the ammoniated cleaning products. I could get some of the L&r fluid. 
    • @AndyHull ... On all dials or dial plates I've worked on the registration pin sitted at 3:00 You can check that looking at a dial with a date window Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk
    • Epilame is good. How you distribute oil on the escapement is a matter of dispute but get your lube on there and then gove it a day. You'll be surprised. I epilame every freakin escapement that comes through. Don't epilame the fork horns or pivots. Your cleaning procedure is probably lacking. There are pro chemicals out there for a reason. The slightest film of whatever can drag you down. There are threads upon threads here on the subject. But most of all, if you are taking care like you say, is let it run. You'll probably find it picks up 20- 30 degrees of amplitude.
    • Just to  clarify, I wasn't aware that the day function did not work. So when I asked for a new crown and stem that is all what was replaced. I can set the day no problem but it does not advance to the next day 24 hrs later. Only the date works.    As for the crystal, now I could be wrong here but it seems to be a press fit. And that it does not require glueing. I polished the inside so it's like new and then it pressed back into position.  I'll have to see how much it will be for the day function to be fixed. It wasn't a service as such just a replacement stem and crown. 
    • Yep I will go at it again tomorrow. Most of these movements are already running around 250-260 amplitude some greater like this one. So I'm thinking maybe I can't expect them to perform much better due to the quality of them? Should I use the same benchmarks for a chinese clone as a Swiss made movement I.e 270 minimum dial up and down? Something is not right with this one though as I havent applied lubrication and there's an amplitude drop.