Sign in to follow this  
m1ks

Helm Komodo Microbrand review

Having recently ordered and recceived my Komodo, (a Seiko NH35 powered microbrand diver), I did a review video as I was very impressed with the quality of it.
I can also say the communication from Helm is exemplary, to the point they have, a short while ago mailed regarding my comments on the bracelet / strap fitted at packaging in the video, I'm waiting on another microbrand I ordered on a Kickstarter which is supposed to be due to ship very soon and have to say, the updates on the progress are very sparse compared to the sale adverts that keep appearing so far so this one is a very pleasant change.
Link here for anyone interested, thanks.

Mike

I have two Helm watches and they are very well made.  I passed on the Komodo due to it's size. (40MM is small for me.)  I did ask Mark Helm if he had plans for a larger version.  He has always been responsive to emails.

RMD

K_1.jpg

w.jpg

Edited by rduckwor
Addition

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• The hairspring looks ok in the first photo you posted.  It that is concerning if the regulator causes excessive change when only moved very slightly. Better quality movements have longer hairsprings generally, which permits finer regulation. These hairsprings are reasonably long.    If you really wanted to, you could mount the hairspring alone on the cock and check that it looks right in terms of alignment with the jewel hole. Getting the terminal radius corrected can be tricky, but yours at least looks consistent.    In terms of your timing variations, the effect is being exacerbated by lack of amplitude. Don’t let this allow you to jump to the conclusion that the balance is out of poise. Get the amplitude up and see where you get to. I think your pendant positions are possibly showing excessive drop in amplitude. Given that this movement has been mucked about with previously, check the balance pivots aren’t bent, even though it has an antishock setting. 
    • I think that maybe because I tripped it off the lifting arm because i'd taken the hands off to remove the dial.
    • Here we go with another possible lot of 15 comprising.  SEIKO Ruby De LuxeOlma SportForlisMovadoRotaryBintimaCitizenParaNelsonUnitasRoamerTip TopAncre GoupillesTitan   Anything here worth repairing with a view to keeping or flipping?   I get a watchmaker to sort out most of my purchases. If its just a battery issue, strap or general clean I can do that, but I'm not up to the delicate repairs yet    
    • Hello all, My Name is Eugene and I am a watchmaker located in Atlanta, Georgia . I was full time software engineer and  part time watchmaker since 2000. in 2019 I quit my day job  and now my wife and me full time servicing watches. Dream come true!    
    • @JohnR725 @rodabod Stripped, cleaned, and lubricated again. When I originally got it, there was a small kink in the spring near the regulator, which I was able to decently fix I think. I examined it again today, and it looks like the terminal curve might be off, which I imagine is what is causing such significant timing changes when I try to regulate. A hair adjustment will easily make a 30 second change, but I dont know if that is normal or not. Photos attached. Dial Down: +1  254°  0.2 Dual Up: -7 236 ° 0.2 Pendant Right: -24 184° .1 Pendant Left: -31 194° 0.0 Pendant Up: -46 183° 0.2 Pendant Down: -23 191° 0.0 Dial Up again after: -3 238° 0.0 Time grapher at 44° and averaging on 20 seconds.