• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I got this Elgin clock with the floating balance and i love it. The problem I'm having is the balance is only rotating maybe 90° and the chime is muffled. I've tried adjusting it it seems like it needs more than an adjustment. And I'm unsure why the chime is so weak. I thought maybe it was because the hammers were resting on the rods but i bent them a little and that didn't work all that well. It chimed a bit louder but not that much. Any suggestions?   Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk    
    • I've never used the Longines archive extract but it has to be applauded for offering this as a free service, I have however used the Omega extract service which has a charge attached to it, that service was also good and included the Model number and Name year of manufacture and which retailer originally sold the watch and in which country. I have also had good experiences with a company called Eberhard many years ago, I needed some parts for a old chronograph I  bought at a local auction  I needed a full set of hands a winding crown, and oval pushers, on the off chance they may still have these I wrote to them with the serial number and received a very nice letter back from them telling me that my watch had been manufactured in 1938 and was a two button 18ct rose gold chronograph and that they did have the parts and would be happy to supply them for 65 Swiss francs. Try doing that with any of the large manufactures, their response was a pleasant surprise. I had the watch for many years but sadly I had it stolen about 5 years ago.
    • Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum. Where is NL
    • It's ok if that's how she self identified.
    • Personally I would see if incabloc springs fit.