Timex (Model 29 Movement)

Hi, I would like some advice on how to remove the stem and crown from my vintage timex.

From my research it would appear that I have a model 29 movement but but I can't identify the bolt screw or lever. Can anyone help?

Back story: I started playing about with Seiko SKX watches and modding them as a hobby during my wind down year as a teacher. I have a number of vintage Timex watches and renovate them.

Regards

Tom

5 hours ago, TS60 said:

Hi, I would like some advice on how to remove the stem and crown from my vintage timex.

From my research it would appear that I have a model 29 movement but but I can't identify the bolt screw or lever. Can anyone help?

Back story: I started playing about with Seiko SKX watches and modding them as a hobby during my wind down year as a teacher. I have a number of vintage Timex watches and renovate them.

Regards

Tom

Hi Tom and welcome to this forum . Well , I show you where you have to unscrew a screw. Do not unscrew too much, just enough to take out your crown . very simple ;) However , i didnt find the model 29 . But if your movement is similar to this picture , this is the thing to do . Have a great day . , i

Timex.PNG

Edited by SeikoWatch

22 hours ago, SeikoWatch said:

Hi Tom and welcome to this forum . Well , I show you where you have to unscrew a screw. Do not unscrew too much, just enough to take out your crown . very simple ;) However , i didnt find the model 29 . But if your movement is similar to this picture , this is the thing to do . Have a great day . , i

Timex.PNG

that is not a model 29 - rather it is a 24 or 25

• 1 month later...