Can Anyone Help Me With These Readouts

So i have put my balance in beat to get a better reading however however i've got the most ridiculous readings now.

I mentioned before that this watch was giving very different readings between the dial up and side.

it seems the tracks have doubled.

The balance still looks perfect, is straight and is "breathing" well when spinning 

anyone can chime in that would be great.  im thinking maybe its something else and not the balance anymore.

Thanks for looking.

2hzqrl2.jpg

fcio0o.jpg

Just thinking out aloud here.

You said in your previous post thread that you adjusted the banking pins inwards as they looked like they had been moved apart.

Could this now be affecting the locking and unlocking of the escapement to cause knocking on the pallet jewels?

If the impulse jewel is now sitting central of the pallet fork at rest then moving the banking pins back out may give the lever a bit more swing to clear the knocking on the pallet jewels. As long as it doesn't go into overbanking.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest you get it back to basics. Put the banking pins back straight, checked the impulse jewel is not damaged or loose, double check the hairspring is not fouling anywhere , check the pallet jewels are not loose  or damaged. Also check that the impulse jewel is in the correct position when the balance is resting (it should be spot on in the middle of the banking pins) if it is not then the hairspring stud needs turning on the balance staff to achieve this. Mark has a Vid on this procedure.

Finally when all is correct give it an ultrasonic clean re-assemble lubricate.

Was browsing Youtube recently and came across several videos by    perplxr.  Just enter this in search and they come up.  There is one which covers banking and overbanking very well.  The close-up movies are brilliant.  Also covers lubrication and other aspects.  Well worth a look.