Automatic watch not working after reassembly(Vintage Seiko 7002 Divers Watch)

Hello there,

The other day i took apart my Vintage Seiko 7002 Divers Watch to ascertain the issue with the second hand randomly stopping. i believe i resolved the issue because the mainspring barrel cap had popped off and needed clicked back together, i had replaced the balance (i had accidentally bent the hairspring), and the 2nd reduction wheel reverse threaded screw(because someone previously had sheared the thread. 

Now, last night after i received the components in the post, i had reassembled the watch and now the balance wheel is not turning and when i slightly put pressure and wind the mainspring, you can just hear the spring releasing its self and also, when i turn the crown to fiddle with the time adjustment, the hands will turn rapidly with no control. 

I must admit ive just been researching that and i dont believe they're broken but maybe just not sitting in the bridge over plate. 

It must be why when i turn the mainspring, the two time wheels turn but the escape wheel does not.

How can i put this in place correctly, because it is very fiddly. 

Thankyou very much!

1 minute ago, RyanGreerMcGilloway said:

How can i put this in place correctly, because it is very fiddly. 

First check well if the pivots are still there and straight. And then you need patience, and developing dexterity. I think some good advice has been given in the other thread you had opened.

• Like 1

Helloe there,

After deep analysis yesterday afternoon, i believe the escape wheel top pivot has sheared off as when the top plate was and i had tried to move the wheel with and needle and magnifying glass, i see there is a heck of a lot of play even when the top pivot is central to the appropriate jewel. 

Am i right in thinking that this has broken?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RyanGreerMcGilloway said:

After deep analysis yesterday afternoon, i believe the escape wheel top pivot has sheared off

That is what Nucejoe and I have told above already.