Servicing my Omega Speedmaster

Hi All - My Omega Seamaster Mark40 ref. 3520.50 is over 20 years old and need servicing. It loses over -26s per day. I decided to remove it from watch winder and not create unnecessary wear of jewels. 

Should I send it to Omega for servicing or to an independent ? (I live in the US) 

Thank you... AJ

3 hours ago, ajdo said:

Hi All - My Omega Seamaster Mark40 ref. 3520.50 is over 20 years old and need servicing. It loses over -26s per day. I decided to remove it from watch winder and not create unnecessary wear of jewels. 

Should I send it to Omega for servicing or to an independent ? (I live in the US) 

Thank you... AJ

GOod move to remove it from the autowinder. I think you mean the Speedmaster Mark 40? Mechanical chrono service by Omega is $750 and add $200 bucks if its a precious metal case. I can provide a excellent watchmaker in California (considerably more affordable) that I know, but you'll have to send me a message if you want the contact info.

J

• Like 1

Yes, I meant SpeedMaster, appologies for typo. My Omega is in very good shape externally, I only need an “oil change” without all the frills. But I also need the watch to be regulated to be most accurate possible.  Although Ibthink this is what a watch service is all sbout. 

I live on the East coast, would you have someone closer to me ?  Will send you a PM tomorrow. 

I was even considering sending it to Mark in the Uk if he does this type of work. 

Thank you... AJ