Back on the watch wagon

ajdo

Hi All - I have had several nice watches in my drawer for many years, most watches were purchased in France while I lives there, now I live in the US. 

Like a lot of people, I got into the “technology” craze of iPads and iPhone like most watch makers got lost into Quartz watch movements in the 80s. From the beginning I just could not bare having to re-charge my iWatch every night, as if it was not enough having to rechange the iphone daily!

Recently, I reopened my watch drawer and realized I had some nice automatic watched and a whole bunch of watch with Quartz movement watches not running do to lack of fresh batteries. Quatz watches suddenly felt as cumbersome as my iWatch. 

To make long story shorter, I decides to plug-in my watchwinders, install my nice watches, and revisite the movements and watch histories. While doing some research on Youtube, I was glad to watch many video from Watch Repair Channel and decided to join the Watch Repair Talk club. I like the idea in going a step further from just glancing over a subject and was glad Watch Repair Channel was going a step further.

I may purchase the watch repair lessons just to understand better watches and movements but I think it will stay a hobby and nothing more. Too busy in my current profession to undertake something that would take years to master. Although if I had been introduced to movements earlier in in life, I would have been happy to go to school and take it in as a trade.

Apologies for such a long reading. I look forward to interacting!

My nicer watches:

Omega Speedmaster Mark40 ref. 3520.5 - Caliber Omega 1151

-Zenith Elite Automatic 682 Gold, Chronomètre COSC, Limited Edition, date, dual time GTM

-Ball Engineer Master II Diver, Chronomètre COSC - DM1020A 

- Baume et Mercier Hamilton - Quartz and needs a battery!

None have ever been services but the Omega certainly need an oil change. It looses +25s per day.

Ball loses 1s per week! Yes you read correctly 

Zenith gains +5s per day. I may want to give it an oil change as well.

The Baume et Mercier Hamilton: Even though it’s a Quartz, is just nice and different.