Seiko 7002 Movement, 2nd Reduction Wheel screw sheared

Hello there,

After disassembly of my seiko 7002 watch movement, i couldnt help but notice my 2nd reduction wheel reverse threaded screw had sheared off, leading to me believing that was the cause of my watch playing up, along with the mainspring barrel popping of. 

The screw head is sheared off and the remaining thread is still in the main plate. is there any way i can remove this and salvage the main plate and just get a new screw?

Thanks.

Further to Nucejoe's sound advice, try to cut a slot in the remaining stud with the needle, and extract with a fine screwdriver. You may also be able to push the stud round in the thread with the needle. Using penetrating oil to free up things first should make the job easier, but patience is a must.

Either way you will need good magnification and good light to see what you are doing, and the movement will need to be securely held. You might find that putting your movement holder in a small vice, then clamping the movement in the holder gives you a more stable platform to work on. Take care not to damage the thread in the hole, as this can make the task much harder.

Some hi res pictures of the problem would help us advise further.