Thiel movement

Hello all,

I know this is a long shot, but here goes. I have a 1930s 13’’’ Thiel Divina (Flat) movement missing its balance cock and regulator. I’ve tried extensively, and unsuccessfully, to find either these parts, or an otherwise knackered movement which still has them.

The attached images are of mine (although I’ve since managed to source a balance wheel with spring and staff) and also what the complete movement should look like.

Mine is housed in a Services Transport model and any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

With thanks and regards.

Services Transport Thiel Divina  3.JPG

Thiel Divina Flat, mvmt side with balance.jpg

• 2 years later...

@balaton - in a similar situation here. Stuck with a fine Divina without a hairspring and balance regulator / top screw that serves as a top jewel. Wonder if you managed to source your missing part and can share any hints as where to score.

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Dmitry said:

@balaton - in a similar situation here. Stuck with a fine Divina without a hairspring and balance regulator / top screw that serves as a top jewel. Wonder if you managed to source your missing part and can share any hints as where to score.

Thank you.

Hi Dmitry,

I feel your pain, my friend.

In 2020 I found two Services Despatch Riders, both with complete movements and bought from eBay as non-runners, intending to cannibalize at least one of them for my Transport. In the event, I decided that they should be restored, which still left me searching. By this time, I was now only looking for a balance cock and regulator and bought a mixed job lot of 150 regulators, none of which fitted the Divina.

Then in 2021 I was lucky enough to find, also on eBay, an un-named German watch with a 13''' Divina, and also non-running, but with the balance cock and regulator that I needed (see image). It was the equivalent of about CAD $55.

I found the only answer was to be patient, and to frequently trawl eBay from where all of my missing parts were sourced.

Best of luck.

Un-named German 32.25mm Thiel Divina before v.3.jpg

• Thanks 1