Seiko crystal supplier in UK

Hello all. My wife has asked me to install a new crystal into her ladies seiko 7n83 0081. The crystal is very chipped and scratched. Im not fond on seiko, as to me they lack character. However on this occasion I’m rather bound to provide the required service [emoji38]. Question is, who is the best supplier in the UK for seiko crystals please and does anyone know the part number for upgraded sapphire crystal please? Kind regards Darren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your responses gents. I’ll check out cousins today, perhaps even give them a call now that I have the correct part number. Yesterday I pushed out the crystal but it just cracked under the stress. It was VERY scratched and chipped. I was surprised at just how much interference there was on the installation. I’ve managed to salvage the nylon ring which is is sandwiched between the case and crystal od. What I neglected to do prior to disposing of the broken crystal was measure its thickness. I will keep you up to date on how this on goes.

Hi. Just to update you with this. I found the crystal on cousins by chance. I find their search engine to be near useless. Even after finding the part by luck, I entered the cousins part number and it returned ‘no data was found’. I’m confused. However here is the part I found:

075bfebfdb2a80ef04f7ccde8e6e575b.jpg&key=c1887c4c40549d49f6b37608b046cd3f0804e10677e6fbfe079d6598916b60f0

So all that is required is to order and fit.

Kind regards

• Like 1

The crystal has a polymeric (maybe nylon) friction ring. Should this be installed around the crystal and then the sub assembly pressed into the case, or insert the friction ring into the case and then press the crystal in? The latter seems like it would be difficult, but I thought I’d just check. And lastly I’m assuming no lubrication is required as this might leave a messy residue.

Regards Deggsie