Hello everyone,

New member here. I’m a regular contributor to another watch forum site but also like what I’ve seen of WRT. I’ve dipped in and out as a guest over the past few years and thought it was now time I joined in.

I can tinker, but have no real skills in watch repairs, leaving these to my sainted (and perpetually grumpy) watchmaker. My collection includes many so-called “lost” brands and, other than a handful, are all vintage mechanicals. More often than not, these are bought as non-running but secure(-ish) in the knowledge that they can be given the Lazarus treatment by Mr Grumpy who has become a valued friend.  I have no high-end watches and have no interest in brand cachet, focussing instead on movements which pique my interest, whether pin-levers or Swiss-levers.

Sorry for rambling on, and I hope to both learn and assist where possible.

Regards,

Bryan (balaton)

Hi Bryan and welcome to the happy factory. Loads of really knowledgeable people on this forum who are happy to help. (I am sadly not one of them) But everytime that I read this forum I learn something new. Best wishes Johnnie:thumbsu:

• Like 1