Sector Watches????

I'm not surprised, an Italian fashion brand of quartz watches (only two automatic in catalog this year) more famous for obnoxious advertising than else. Then if one one like their "bold" design that's a matter of tastes.

I'm not surprised, an Italian fashion brand of quartz watches (only two automatic in catalog this year) more famous for obnoxious advertising than else. Then if one one like their "bold" design that's a matter of tastes.
Im referring to the swiss company.

https://www.sectornolimits.com/en

When I was a kid back in the early 90s these things were all the rage and way out of my price range at the time. Now they are soooo cheap......I wonder how the quality is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, bjd1020 said:

Im referring to the swiss company.

https://www.sectornolimits.com/en

When I was a kid back in the early 90s these things were all the rage and way out of my price range at the time. Now they are soooo cheap......I wonder how the quality is.

Sector no limits has always been Italian owned, even when the company had headquarters in Switzerland. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sector_No_Limits

As normal with fashion watches they are made to maximize returns, not stand for quality. An example production cost (paid to the Chinese factory that still makes a profit) is USD 30 for q.ty 5,000 or more. 

Sector no limits has always been Italian owned, even when the company had headquarters in Switzerland. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sector_No_Limits
As normal with fashion watches they are made to maximize returns, not stand for quality. An example production cost (paid to the Chinese factory that still makes a profit) is USD 30 for q.ty 5,000 or more. 
Ahhh ha. I see. Good info. Ive always been fond of Italian made products. Anyway so is it safe to say your opinion is that they are priced inline with their quality?? Ive never owned one but they do seem to use decent movements. The one model in particular that has my attention and ive considered buying recently is their dive team watch.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173847156220

Titanium case, 7750 movement, and a 1000 meter depth......thats nothing to sneeze at. The same watch in all facets.....for example from Oris which by the way I despise is around 2k......you cant factor the movement as its not made by oris or sector. The depth on the oris tt1 is less. So really it comes down to customer service and the quality of the case. The sectir model is 1/4th the price.

27 minutes ago, bjd1020 said:

Ahhh ha. I see. Good info. Ive always been fond of Italian made products. Anyway so is it safe to say your opinion is that they are priced inline with their quality?? Ive never owned one but they do seem to use decent movements. The one model in particular that has my attention and ive considered buying recently is their dive team watch.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173847156220

Titanium case, 7750 movement, and a 1000 meter depth......thats nothing to sneeze at.

It is an Italian brand, maybe Italian design but certainly not made in Italy. 

The one you linked is not a chronograph nor 7750 powered, more likely a common 2824-2. I'm not sure what advantage gives to be water resistant 1000m or who certified that but I know that air diving 30m is a deep dive. 

$950 for watch like that seems a lot of money, if you're in the market with that kind of budget suggest you browse on the Diver section of Watchuseek for better value ideas, also their sales section is very interesting. 

Finally on the theme of Diver watches let me post my picture of the very popular Seiko Sumo. 

32656243917_0921a00d9a_z.jpg

"Only" 200m water resistant but at least using a standard certification method: ISO 6425.

It is an Italian brand, maybe Italian design but certainly not made in Italy. 
The one you linked is not a chronograph nor 7750 powered, more likely a common 2824-2. I'm not sure what advantage gives to be water resistant 1000m or who certified that but I know that air diving 30m is a deep dive. 
$950 for watch like that seems a lot of money, if you're in the market with that kind of budget suggest you browse on the Diver section of Watchuseek for better value ideas, also their sales section is very interesting. 
Finally on the theme of Diver watches let me post my picture of the very popular Seiko Sumo. 
32656243917_0921a00d9a_z.jpg&key=e32203e5e210dc412a2a20a82ef016e916281fe7c50886ba0b3723135dc18dd3
"Only" 200m water resistant but at least using a standard certification method: ISO 6425.

Youre correct it is not a 7750. I coppied the wrong link. Watchuseek is a forum i will not spend time in. I understand the depth certification from a practicality standpoint may be moot......i mean I think its safe to say that the vast majority of folks who wear a divers watch never dive. However the certification does speak to the quality of the watch. Let me restate my point with the correct link.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192928457054

I have a vendor who will sell this exact watch for just under 1k new. That puts the price comparison at 1/2 of the Oris. Which is still a huge price difference.

I've seen a couple of Swiss Sector watches that were just as good as more expensive brands... Indeed underrated...
I think my post correction above proves that point beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being able to get by the numbers a better watch for half the price. Oris and the other brands are highly over rated. And Id venture to say that the sector customer service is probably 10 times better. Considering Oris has 1......that's right 1 service center on the entire North American continent so once you get done spending double the money for a less quality of a watch and you need it worked on youre at the mercy of one vendor and I can speak from experience they know that they are the only vendor if you know what I mean. I just hope someone who is naive to the whole watch game that is searching for a divers comes across this thread and learns that whats inside a lot of these watches is really the same and that they are aware so they can make an informed decision when spending money on a watch. Just another observation Oris' comparable watch the tt1 chrono is only rated for 100 meters......where as the sector is rated at a 1000.......thats significant in my opinion.

I will always fail to understand is the  appeal of diving (in this case deeeeep diving) chronometers. As if one would be timing (what ?) underwater. Try to realize how much of lie is to claim "1000m water resistant"  stuck on something that has pusher with small o-rings? Like some patisserie that has made a made a decent cake, then cover it with glaceing of whatever is in the shop in the hope it will sell better.

I can easily list brands and models belonging to many lists titled like "unsurpassed quality", or "iconic design and brand", or "lovely like Heidi", or even "appreciated by WUS snobists". Unfortunately Sector is not in any of them, their far parentage with "Philip Watch", which indeed made great divers  (even mono-coque) starting in the 60s doesn't change their being little more than fashion watches, now owned and perpetuated in that role by the current owner.

Edited by jdm

I will always fail to understand is the  appeal of diving (in this case deeeeep diving) chronometers. As if one would be timing (what ?) underwater. Try to realize how much of lie is to claim "1000m water resistant"  stuck on something that has pusher with small o-rings? Like some patisserie that has made a made a decent cake, then cover it with glaceing of whatever is in the shop in the hope it will sell better.
I can easily list brands and models belonging to many lists titled like "unsurpassed quality", or "iconic design and brand", or "lovely like Heidi", or even "appreciated by WUS snobists". Unfortunately Sector is not in any of them, their far parentage with "Philip Watch", which indeed made great divers  (even mono-coque) starting in the 60s doesn't change their being little more than fashion watches, now owned and perpetuated in that role by the current owner.
I agree. Its what I was alluding to. Most of us will never use the qatch for what its intended to be used for. BUT Are you saying you doubt the claim that it will stand a 980 meter dive without failing to keep water out?

My primary point in all this is not to bash Oris, even though I have quite a checkered experience with them. It is that experience though that set me on this course that has led me to try and understand the vast void between cost and quality as it pertains to various brands. Almost every watch brand has their fashion line. I once owned a tag quartz chrono link. A beautiful watch, but at the end of the day it was a quartz watch at a cost north of 2k......what exactky am I getting for that cost when I can literally get the same exact movement in another watch for a fraction of the cost????? Its all smoke and mirrors.