Japanese staking set question.

Nucejoe

Back in the 70's and 80's I bought a Japanese staking set and found it to be very good. The finish was very good , I also had a Boley set as well. Both very good. The Jap set had more verity of stakes. 

• Thanks 1

If the quality of the tools that I've used on old Japanese motorcycle is anything to on,  watchmakers tools of Japanese origin will be up to the job in hand.

I did examine a vintage set from the 60's by MKS, which I believe is/was a Japanese manufacture, at a local auction some time ago, it look more than adequate to me. In retrospect I wished I'd left a bid on it.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I have an MKS jeweling set.

It is well made, but mine has had a hard life and as such I bought it cheap, so will probably replace it at some point, but at the moment it is still doing the job.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, praezis said:

Picture?

Certainly will post closeups pix, what details should I show/ examine?  Couple of sets are to be offered to me and I don,t know the first thing about the tool and am depending on you all's advice and recommentions. 

Regards 

I have a Japanese MKS/Meikosha staking set, the exact same as Mark has, which you can see in some of his videos.

The stakes are in incredible condition for their age, with no rust or deformation. I am very happy with the quality of the set.

• Thanks 1