SKX007 build

The black wheel is not the same as 7S26. I tried swapping them so I had to fix the teeth on the original gear.  The movement is now advancing the day/date. My question now is, did I screw this up by changing the day wheel or was this a factory defect? I'm tending towards factory defect and I guess it was my fault that I didnt try advancing it before I replaced the wheel. What would you guys do who have more experience with watches?

1 hour ago, GregC said:

The black wheel is not the same as 7S26. I tried swapping them so I had to fix the teeth on the original gear.  The movement is now advancing the day/date. My question now is, did I screw this up by changing the day wheel or was this a factory defect? I'm tending towards factory defect and I guess it was my fault that I didnt try advancing it before I replaced the wheel. What would you guys do who have more experience with watches?

Altough there are two version of the black day/date driving wheel, you can't mix these up because one has a male pivot, and the other is female. Otherwise  I can't understand what are you talking about. When in doubt you can check my parts reference sheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRN2UULQKTfKmhRStZhDdIOIQrqd6sPB-g6x2SKyQQjOvTBjG_7TQXQhAT4f1WqAX5QAPkIimi-3jqd/pubhtml

The c-clip has pinged away because it wasn't fully seated, probably due to the day disc not being installed correctly. Just like other systems the calendar work is delicate, you need to be sure that everything is square and seated before moving on. 

3 hours ago, jdm said:

Altough there are two version of the black day/date driving wheel, you can't mix these up because one has a male pivot, and the other is female. Otherwise  I can't understand what are you talking about. When in doubt you can check my parts reference sheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRN2UULQKTfKmhRStZhDdIOIQrqd6sPB-g6x2SKyQQjOvTBjG_7TQXQhAT4f1WqAX5QAPkIimi-3jqd/pubhtml

The c-clip has pinged away because it wasn't fully seated, probably due to the day disc not being installed correctly. Just like other systems the calendar work is delicate, you need to be sure that everything is square and seated before moving on. 

What I was referring to is the black wheel. I tried to replace the one with the damaged teeth from the nh36 mvmt with one from the 7S26 and found that the pivot point underneath is different so I tried to straighten the teeth which worked for a few date changes but eventually it gave out. When I took off the c clip to check if the black wheel was turning that was when it pinged away but the ones from the 7s26 work.