Rolex 3000 stopped

Hey Guys,

I have a ND Sub with cal 3000, it was serviced 4 yrs ago, and i sparingly use it. It suddenly just stopped 2 days ago. I opened it up and gave the the balance a tap it would move but stop. The second hand is dead, but it kinda wants to move but doesnt. I can still adjust the time and wind. What do you guys think is wrong with it? Pallet fork? Mainspring? Or something is lodged somewhere the gear train? I want to take it apart but I have no experience with rolex movements.

Your watch is just too valuable for you to even think to try on it by by yourself. Find a reputable watchmaker, either independent or official, and get an estimate.You will have it repaired (with repair warranty), serviced and regulated to the original COSC specifications. This way value will preserved, any risk avoided, and your technical curiosity still satisfied. More often than not watchmakers are happy to share details of their work with knowledgeable customers.

I'm also just an amateur, but do the work on my Rolex watches by myself. Of course they are expensive, but I take the risk. If I make a mistake, I have to pay for that. :blink:

If you want to work on your Rolex watch, search youtube for "Rolex 3075 service" and you will find 3 excellent videos from Mark. 3075 has the same basic movement as the 3000.

10 hours ago, Delgetti said:

I'm also just an amateur, but do the work on my Rolex watches by myself. Of course they are expensive, but I take the risk. If I make a mistake, I have to pay for that. :blink:

If you want to work on your Rolex watch, search youtube for "Rolex 3075 service" and you will find 3 excellent videos from Mark. 3075 has the same basic movement as the 3000.

if it is paid for - and you have the tools,   give it a go.  my guess is:  a lose screw from the rotor.  vin