Howdy from Texas

NeedAG

Howdy from Texas WRT! Been lurking so figured an intro is appropriate. :biggrin:

Been interested in mechanical watches about 6 years. I'm a lume nut and started doing my own relumes as none of my local watchmakers accept lume work!

This led to modding, starting with dial / hand swaps and then light case work (e.g., to remove branding/crown guards from invicta subs). 

Ux6Nfwl.jpg

Became familiar with casing and keyless during this period, and developed an appreciation for Swiss-style movements, particularly the 2824-2 - altho the movement proper was still a mystery.

Eventually a got a Sellita SW200 in need of service and upgrade to the SW200-1 wheels. Watched some videos, vultured a mostly complete Watchmaster ultrasonic from the 'bay... eventually got it working and acquired some fresh oils (amazing what oil costs, until you consider it's about the highest tech in the movement LOL).

With the help of some reading, Mark's videos, and trial & error, the first service went well with the exception of a broken Novodiac spring and a temporarily lost cap jewel. :)

Have been trying to clean/oil a movement per week or so since. Recently retrofitted this Ginault with a Swiss ETA modded to H4 pinions, home-lumed dial and bezel, and roulette date. :)

iXsP2UW.jpg

Cheers and thanks in advance for your help! B)