Watch stops after service when shaking/changing angle

Long story short I serviced a ladies swiss watch with a generic-nothing-special movement.

It wasn't running before but looked like it needed just a service. No damaged parts as far as I can tell but there was some rust around mostly in the keyless works area.

The watch seems to run but it stops, sometimes, if I change the angle or lightly shake it. Also the hairspring doesn't seem to spin very energetic, seems just a tad lazy. If I remove the incabloc rubies system it feels a bit better but haven't tried changing the angle...

One thing that I did not check or clean is the mainspring.

With the watch unwound if I spin the hairspring around it doesn't seem to stop if I change the angle.

Check the balance pivots for wear and the balance jewel cap stones for dirt.

Do you have a watch machine if so what is the amplitude?

Of course it could just be a weak mainspring, did it look set when you removed it?

• Like 1

I don't have a timegrapher, sadly.

I have checked the jewels and the balance but I couldn't find anything wrong with it. They are clean and lubricated.

Might have to take it all apart, again, and check the MS but I wanted to inquire first in case the solution is somewhere else.

Could be bent pivot. Endstone pushing on the pivot. Try jewels ON without the endstone.

Before stripdown to mainspring , Push any gear reachable, ever slightly, to supplement the spring's force,

Pour a pallat of lighter fluid on jewels when runing. Also on pallet arbor. 

Are you sure impulse is in beat?

Partially took it apart and checked the MS which was fine. Added some lubrication, put it all back together and not it seems to run fine, for now.

Could lack of lube in the MS cause something like this or maybe there was something stuck in the gear train somewhere ?