How to remove stem on Certina 29-252 Quartz

Could someone tell me how I can remove the stem from such a watch ? I believe it's a rebrand of an ESA 9181.

I can see a fairly large screw in the stem area but I'm not sure if it's that one. There is a two-sided arrow near it as well.

Also, I should pull the crown all the way out before attempting to unscrew anything, right ?

Generic pic off the internet.

certina-eta-29-252-268546-c59b17ab.jpg

Since your image is hosted at an outside service, I can't magnify the image, at least without signing up for their service or something.

Based on what I might be seeing, I'd press that copper colored spot, to the right and down from the crown maybe 8mm or so, and pull on the crown. However, if pressing the spot doesn't look for feel springy, I wouldn't force it. I just can't see it clearly enough. Good luck.

The part that you pointed the arrow at actually moves as you pull or push the crown so that's why I fear it might not be what needs to be pushed. Will try to check tomorrow.

I did think of that hole but I can't see much inside...

12 minutes ago, Chopin said:

The part that you pointed the arrow at actually moves as you pull or push the crown so that's why I fear it might not be what needs to be pushed.

That's exactly the indication of that being the setting lever you need to push.  

I have found that many ETA calibres have no release button but the screw beside the stem needs to be loosened a turn or so...but just until the stem is released. I suggest being very careful of pushing on anything if there's no embossed arrow pointing at it...the electronic circuits are easy to damage.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1