SWEEP SECOND FRICTION SPRING FOR LECOULTRE CAL. 450, 468, 470, 478.

Hello everyone 

Does anybody have for sale a

SWEEP SECOND FRICTION SPRING FOR LECOULTRE CAL. 450, 468, 470, 478?

I have to replace a broken one on my personal watch.

If you do have one please let me know. I will attach an image for your reference.

Many thanks to all

Doreen

D8861A3D-3574-4917-A797-AE895D74BA1A.jpeg

22 hours ago, AndyHull said:

Unfortunately not something I have. I suspect they may be a little difficult to track down.

What size and what thickness is it? 

Could you silver solder it back together?

Could you fabricate a replacement?

I will try to find a material and fabricate a replacement.

Do you know from what kind of metal is that spring made of?

On 5/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, Doreen said:

Hello everyone 

Does anybody have for sale a

SWEEP SECOND FRICTION SPRING FOR LECOULTRE CAL. 450, 468, 470, 478?

I have to replace a broken one on my personal watch.

If you do have one please let me know. I will attach an image for your reference.

Many thanks to all

Doreen

D8861A3D-3574-4917-A797-AE895D74BA1A.jpeg

Doreen.  I do have one of these.  Do you still need it?  Mine is white color but it is on a LeCoultre 478 so it should be good. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Unfortunately I'm not that lucky. I started on the train side and after I noticed the binding I pulled everything out except the driving wheel to rule everything else out. It still binds. I'm going to double check that the pinion is fully seated on the staff first, then if no joy I'll push the bridge jewel up a fraction of a mm. Fingers crossed!
    • Happy to have helped, great way to start the day with a win! 🥳
    • Thank you for the advise!! It worked. The setting screw was a lock/unlock to remove the rotor. 
    • I have that French tech sheet too, it is a little different than the English one (eg, it doesn't have the auto works diagram). BTW, it looks like you are looking up the case number in the 1979 ABC supplement. The 1974 ABC catalog does have the 3093 case. As you determined it takes the 1222-5 crystal.  When I serviced my President 'A' (which also takes that crystal), I was able to fit a 29.8 crystal from my DPA crystal assortment. Those are, in my opinion, a great deal. The assortment comes with 10 sizes each from 27.8mm to 32.4mm in 0.2 increments. I pretty much use them for any non-armored crystal that takes a high dome crystal. I think they no longer make them but Cousins has still has some in stock but when I bought them they were around $40 for the set and now they are around $100. Still, at 40 cents a crystal it's still a good deal. For the large driving wheel, I remember I once assembled the keyless/motion works first and when I placed the large driving wheel it was interfering with the setting wheel on the dial side as the teeth were not fully meshing and it wouldn't fully seat. If that isn't the issue I got nothing and am looking forward to see how you solve it 🙂
    • Not sure, but just looking at it, it seems like the screw on the right may be a fake? The one on the left may not be a screw in the regular sense at all, rather a 2 position device, I think you need to point the slot towards either of the 2 dots and one will secure and one will open. Like I said this is just my best guess looking at the pictures.