jdrichard

In the flight lounge

So the data says that it is adjusted to 2 positions and is not a Railroad grade, and when I look up the S/N it says it is a Grade 555. The movement is actually a 573 and adjusted to 5 positions. Any help here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Freemasonry dial. Very collectable and a nice movement.  
Don’t forget the funny hand shake.

So do you think it is RR grade? Has the inside setting leaver.

If you mean railroad, my answer would be no. I think the movement and its condition is too good. It could be for someone who has something to do with the R R and also a freemason. Someone who does not get his hands dirty.

5 adjustments is not the same as adjusted to five positions it is thought to mean that the watch is adjusted to heat, cold and three positions on these Elgin grade 573. A watch stating 8 adjustments would be a watch that is adjusted to 5 postions, heat, cold, and isochronism.

5 adjustments is not the same as adjusted to five positions it is thought to mean that the watch is adjusted to heat, cold and three positions on these Elgin grade 573. A watch stating 8 adjustments would be a watch that is adjusted to 5 postions, heat, cold, and isochronism.

Thanks for the insight, appreciated.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.