jdrichard

In the flight lounge

So the data says that it is adjusted to 2 positions and is not a Railroad grade, and when I look up the S/N it says it is a Grade 555. The movement is actually a 573 and adjusted to 5 positions. Any help here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Freemasonry dial. Very collectable and a nice movement.  
Don’t forget the funny hand shake.

So do you think it is RR grade? Has the inside setting leaver.

If you mean railroad, my answer would be no. I think the movement and its condition is too good. It could be for someone who has something to do with the R R and also a freemason. Someone who does not get his hands dirty.

5 adjustments is not the same as adjusted to five positions it is thought to mean that the watch is adjusted to heat, cold and three positions on these Elgin grade 573. A watch stating 8 adjustments would be a watch that is adjusted to 5 postions, heat, cold, and isochronism.

5 adjustments is not the same as adjusted to five positions it is thought to mean that the watch is adjusted to heat, cold and three positions on these Elgin grade 573. A watch stating 8 adjustments would be a watch that is adjusted to 5 postions, heat, cold, and isochronism.

Thanks for the insight, appreciated.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Dial looks original. It should be the Yin to the Yang of the one I posted above. As a bonus, the seller claims it actually works, which is a relative rarity for prospective 404 club members. I think I may swap out the steel strap though.
    • If you look carefully at the actual statement its loose pallet stones etc. It's more of a generalization statement. The graphical display comes from the sounds of the escapement. One side of the escapement produces one line the other side the other line. Then there's a problem with timing machines and liquid crystal displays we can see the pixels. So the upper line is migrating relatively straight across the display moving up one pixel at a time but remaining straight. The lower line looks like it's wandering around both going up and down. It really should look more like the upper line. So anything that affects the escapement affects the sounds shows up on the display. As it looks like only one side then it would be typically one side of the escapement. So loose pallet stone possibly even the roller jewel which would affect both could be damaged and I've even seen a loose roller jewel only show up on one side. Escapement lubrication one stone gets lubricated the other does not look like this along with anything that screws up the escapement dirty escapement etc. So cleaning examining and re-lubricating would be a good idea. Then a watch made in the early 70s isn't exactly a vintage watch it really should look a little better.
    • Could the brass coloured washer be a dial washer? The second part... no idea, how thick is it? Can we see some pictures?
    • Look into Omega pushers. They have the same construction as the Breitling . Not sure which model now so you have to do some research.  
    • I received my Ronda 703 movement today, it had a couple of extra parts with it that I have no clue what they are for. The first is a brass coloured washer  - roughly 2mm outside diameter, 1mm inside diameter and curved. The second is brass coloured plate about 5mm x 1.5mm with an open ended hole at each end. Does anyone have an idea what these are for?