Fretwork clock

GregC

This was my most ambitious clock of 10 years ago when Obama was the Prez cos I did a scrollsaw portrait of him too. Anyway, this clock took me about 3 weeks to make. This has been running on my wall for the last 10 yrs gathering dust.

Florentine clock 1.JPG

Lovely work, you should make a living doing that, I am sure there is a market out there.

I will go through my boxes of clocks as I am sure I have 2 fret type clocks in them somewhere, they are not as good quality workmanship as yours even though they were done over a hundred years ago. If I find them I will take a few pic's and post them in here. 

I made 3 of this clock and put 2 of them on kijiji which is the local buy and sell forums and didnt get a single call,  Friends all said its beautiful but nobody wanted to buy them and I guess that broke my spirit for scrollsawing and that was the end of that but I still have plans for a more beautiful cuckoo clock and a wooden clock where everything is made of wood even the gears. 

I stained and finished the others in different colors . One natural with an open dial but I didnt like the open dial so I made them all closed. Heres a pic of the other one.  I gave them to people who appreciate art and they loved them.

Florentine clock.JPG