Look at this pile of junk.

oldhippy

I've never heard of that brand before so did some googling, every example I found had the gilding in perfect condition, I did find one auction house describing it as ' late 20th century', so only 20 or so years old, but this one also seems to have the wrong hands on it too from all the other pictures I found.

Dial printing is also too 'chunky' for my liking.

Finish is pretty poor on the plates too and look at the winding arbor, it has large rounded corners so, like they have left it to be able to use a larger size key than should be used on that size arbor.

WIsh they had given a better picture of the platform and movement though.

Certainly wouldn't pay £300 for it.

12 hours ago, JimmyD said:

This one, looking at the photos, has a second hand.

When did these start to be fitted on this type of clock?

Bod

Well spotted, I didn't notice the second hand.

This movement is a moderm movement made in the far east within the last 20 years.

As OH has pointed out in the past quality French movement do not drill holes in their bells so you can wind up the clock.

Notice the brass clicks onto the brass ratchet wheels and the terrible click springs all over the back of the clock.

I've never seen one of the movements for sale that states it is working perfectly.

To be fair this seller has been honest in his description stating what it is.

'ALTHOUGH THIS CLOCK IS NOT NEW IT IS NOT AN ANTIQUE, AND IS RATHER A CONTEMPORARY EXAMPLE OF A CLOCK FROM THE 19TH CENTURY.'

If you look closely at the case, it is not gilt, well not gold gilt, whatever it is has rubbed away and the metal under is not brass/bronze from the looks of it. 

Where I work bought some clocks from China, which were a knock off of a Comitti Navigator clock, pity is they sold a few and they don't keep time and keep coming back, in the end they refunded the money and scrapped them. Now they only sell the Comitti clocks which are made in London. Funny enough I never have had one of those come back. The thing is that in China they are profit driven and do not know what quality is and cut corners in every step of the process.

I feel sorry for the poor people that will end up buying these, spend good money for rubbish. If one showed up for me to repair it would a " sorry these can't be fixed as they never worked proberly in the 1st place'.