Decided to treat myself.

Davey57

Up till now I have been using the economy screwdriver set and tweezers that I bought to first get me started. They have served me well but I  got annoyed and frustrated when the tips fell out at the most inconvenient time and tweezers with one side bigger than the other. I’ve not had the chance to use them much except for trying the tweezers, and how much better they feel. So glad I took the plunge.

7E8ADCCA-5284-4D71-ADD8-838C4A3EDE62.thumb.jpeg.21bb32670c96f4f678147fa742c04fbe.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The tips still fall out of my bergeon screwdrivers! Absolutely no complaints with the Dumont tweezers though, really good tools. I tried a different brand, to see if the price difference was worth it and I've now spent more money because they have been replaced with the Dumont... :pulling-hair-out:

I am really happy so far. Those tweezers have made a world of difference that I never expected. I feel a lot more confident as things don’t “ping” quite as often as they did with the old ones. I think I might get into the habit of checking the screwdriver blades for tightness regularly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 11:09 AM, AP1875 said:

The tips still fall out of my bergeon screwdrivers! Absolutely no complaints with the Dumont tweezers though, really good tools. I tried a different brand, to see if the price difference was worth it and I've now spent more money because they have been replaced with the Dumont... :pulling-hair-out:

the blades should have a lip at their inner end, at least mine do. They might loosen but they will not drop!

• Like 1

Yes the difference between the cheap Chinese stuff and a good set of tweezers and screwdrivers is night and day. My other tweezers i find the tips to big or bending apart when trying to grab something. I have these surgical grade German stainless steel tweezers that i just fell in love with the first time i used them. Same with my screwdrivers. Tips bend easily, though never had the tips fall out. I have had them bend completely sideways on me once, ave not because i was pushing too hard.

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk