7750 clone working "strangely"

Hi guys,

So 2 days ago I had a "watch meeting" with a friend from Hawaï and at a moment he showed me his non working HUBLOT BIGBANG STEEL and hasked me if I would try to fix the problem.

The watch worked for about 15 seconds then stopped ... started again with a little shake and stopped again after 15 seconds ... really strange.

As we were in a cafe I said I could have a look later so, as he was leaving to Hawaï the day after and had already ordererd a new one, he decided to give it to me.

From the previous sentences you already know that HUBLOT is a replica ... as nobody would ever "give" a 12.000€ watch and I would never take any risk working on such a watch :blink:

So I thank him and accepted the challenge.

So here are pics of the watch ...

I'm not certain but the movement seems to be a decorated 7750 asian clone, modified to move the subdials

IMG_2393.thumb.JPG.6ff0dd7589b6f8c5f2bf2aa6a8fd97fe.JPG

IMG_2394.thumb.JPG.555aa05011608bde48c6b3902c4ca0e0.JPG

When back home I checked first without opening it (far from home for the WE so no tools).

I first pulled the crown to setting position then back to winding position and ... the watch started again and worked for 10/20 seconds and stopped.

As he had me he had wind a little I decided to take my chance with the chrono, that worked the same as the watch ... 10 seconds then stopped ... so I laucnhed it again, stopped it instantly and reset.

Then I've tried to play a little with the movement, completely at random :

changed the date (2nd/quickdate position) and pass a complete month

- turned the hands (3rd/setting position) to pass 48 hours

- setted hour and date by turning the hands (3rd position)

- pushed the crown back in the 1rst/winding position

At the moment the watch started again and worked for about 12 hours then stopped (not on my wrist and put dial upside).

Yesterday evening I tried to start it again but it only worked for about 15 seconds and stopped.

Early this morning I decided to take my chance again and see how long it could work on my wrist.

I winded it (just a few turns of the crown) and the watch worked for 10/15 seconds.

So, still acting at random, I started/stopped/resetted the chrono and the watch started working again ... and strangely decided to keep on working.

So I've set the date and hour and put it on my wrist.

This happened around 6 o'clock in the morning.

At the moment it's 02:10 PM and the watch is on my wrist, still working well and keeping good time.

I'll keep the watch on my wrist until 11:50 PM the I'll put it dial upside in a drawer.

Tomorrow morning I'll check how it goes ...

If it's still working then I'll try to launch/stop/reset the chrono again and check if this stop the watch or deosn't do anything.

Etc ... for a few days ... just doing tests before opening the watch.

So ... thank you for reading if you have gone so far :)

and if you have any idea or intuition about what going weird with that 7750 clone movement it will be really helpfull. 

Not strange at all considering it probably didn't get any oil from the factory.
So I suppose I'll have to do a full service [emoji848]
I'll search for a technical sheet showing "where to oil" and "which oil to use" ...

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk