Hello from NYC!

Hello everyone! Just recently starting investing into better watch making tools and wanted to get more involved with forums (specifically about watch making). Some of you guys might know me from Youtube and Instagram. 

Just a quick introduction!

I've been working on watches for about two years now I believe. Mostly on Seiko watches since the amount of parts available is so vast. I've learned everything myself through reading material online and just getting myself involved. Learning from my mistakes was the biggest help for sure. Like most people, I started with more affordable tools, which helped me become extremely careful and detailed since the calibration of the tools were horrible. I've now seriously invested in quality tools since I am working on watches much more frequently (as a hobby) and wish to learn more about them and their usages/maintenance! 

Thanks for reading and I'm excited to join this forum! 

-Eric

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

Good tools are a must if you are serious about repairing.

I always used dumont tweezers and  Bergeon Watchmakers Screwdrivers and don't forget the right oils.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:41 AM, oldhippy said:

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

Good tools are a must if you are serious about repairing.

I always used dumont tweezers and  Bergeon Watchmakers Screwdrivers and don't forget the right oils.

Thank you! The existing posts and discussions have been extremely interesting to learn from. I'm really glad I made the choice to upgrade my tools. Now I just got to get the rest of it over time. Really starts to add up when you consider two Dumostar tweezers can run close to a $100! I realized I will find out which tools I will need to invest in after I learn more about movement servicing.

I've recently bought a Dumostar #2, a #3 and a #5, in addition to hi-tech series #2 and #1 ( realized the Dumostar will be superior, but first I hope to learn from the hi-tech series on proper tweezer usage so that I don't risk messing up the Dumostar ones ). I also bought a Bergeon 30081-S09 set. I was looking into horotec, but the cost was quite high and also wanted to learn from the Bergeon set before investing in the horotec 12 piece set ( so that I can learn proper usage first before mishandling a $300+ horotec set ). 

I've come to really appreciate well made tools. The craftsmanship in watchmaking is always incredible, but something about well made tools also gets me quite happy.