Seiko crystal query

Hi guys
I've got a friends Seiko 7T62-0fd0 that needs a new crystal , on Cousins site they list 2 the 310p03hn02 which is obsolete and the 310po3hb0a which they have in stock , I have searched through the internet for reference on the codes but can't find out if the obsolete crystal has been succeeded by the in stock one or whether they are different?

The crystal in the watch has a gold ring on the actual crystal (doesn't come off) so if the replacement doesn't it's going to look a little odd i would imagine.
It's £20 plus vat etc etc and as we know Cousins won't take it back if its not right , so if anyone can advise as to whether it will be ok or not that would be most appreciated TIA Andy

Tne tension ring can be replaced and installed easy.

You may find crystal with ring in it hard to install, the tension ring jumps out if pressed.

I have got some Genuine seiko crystals, well I have got bunch of genuine most parts.

Give diameter and height, I will dig in my bag of tricks.

Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Tne tension ring can be replaced and installed easy.

You may find crystal with ring in it hard to install, the tension ring jumps out if pressed.

I have got some Genuine seiko crystals, well I have got bunch of genuine most parts.

Give diameter and height, I will dig in my bag of tricks.

Regards

Many thanks for that it isn't actually a tension ring its actually attached to the glass which is flat mineral glass  with a polished inside edge diameter is 310 and thickness is 1.58 , could use a normal mineral crystal probably but it wouldn't have the gold ring , so wouldn't really look right 

• 6 months later...
11 minutes ago, RAT said:

310P03HB0A is the correct part number, also 310P03HN02 is NOT obsolete, Seiko USA has both in stock.

The issue is that Seiko USA does not sell to individuals or repair shops unless they have an account, that is authorized service centers.

BTW, we have a section here where it's considered polite to introduce themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, jdm said:

The issue is that Seiko USA does not sell to individuals or repair shops unless they have an account, that is service centers.

BTW, we have a section here where it's considered polite to introduce themselves.

Your information is incorrect. I am not an authorized Seiko service center, I am a authorized Seiko dealer and Seiko USA does indeed sell parts direct to its dealers.

The point however is that a quick login to Seiko's website shows that  the genuine Seiko crystal, 310P03HN02 is not obsolete, and in fact Seiko USA has over 50  in stock.

Crystal.gif

11 hours ago, RAT said:

Your information is incorrect. I am not an authorized Seiko service center, I am a authorized Seiko dealer and Seiko USA does indeed sell parts direct to its dealers.

I just don't get why you keep banging on this drum. Facts:

The issue is that Seiko USA does not sell to individuals or repair shops unless they have an account.

Am I incorrect?

a quick login to Seiko's website shows

Login to that "Seiko website" is reserved only to dealers, or service shops. Am I incorrect?

Now, if you're implying that you're willing to resell Seiko parts personally I don't have a problem with that, but if you wanted to say that individuals can contact any US Seiko dealer just to get parts, I don't think that is an accurate or reliable statement.

Edited by jdm

On 12/13/2019 at 1:57 AM, jdm said:

I just don't get why you keep banging on this drum. Facts:

The issue is that Seiko USA does not sell to individuals or repair shops unless they have an account.

Am I incorrect?

a quick login to Seiko's website shows

Login to that "Seiko website" is reserved only to dealers, or service shops. Am I incorrect?

Now, if you're implying that you're willing to resell Seiko parts personally I don't have a problem with that, but if you wanted to say that individuals can contact any US Seiko dealer just to get parts, I don't think that is an accurate or reliable statement.

Yes, individuals can contact any US Seiko dealer just to get parts, however it is up to the dealer as to if they want to sell the parts, and unless they have a watchmaker in house I doubt they will.

Myself, I sell only to other local watchmakers when they are in a fix and cant get them any where else or need technical help.

• Thanks 1