My name is Doreen and I’m new to this forum.

I’m very happy I found this forum as I’m impressed with all the useful information and with all the interesting posts and images.

Im very passionate about watches and I have a very, very small watch collection myself.

I love learning new things about watches and I enjoy very much Mark Lovick’s watch repair videos. I learned so much from them and for that I would like to say thank you very much Mark for all your effort you put on that. I also enjoy taking apart watches clean them and with “a little bit of luck” to assemble them all back together.

I would also like to apologize for my English, it is not my native language; especially the writing part seems to be a little difficult. Please be easy on me...

Thank you very much to all for allowing  me to be part of this community...I feel very lucky.

Best regards

Doreen

Hi Doreen and welcome. :thumbsu: It's a very friendly forum full of very knowledgeable people (not me though) who happily give excellent advice. No question is ever stupid, but it's stupid not to ask. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I'm Malcolm and from New Zealand and I have a small collection of watches 
    • Hi there, I have inherited this box lot of watch stems, please could anyone be able to decipher the numbers written on the packets please, some I can find using google but I am not sure of the way I need to describe them , thank you...  I am not using this site for selling purposes … just to gather information from anyone who might be able to help...  and also check out my large glass advertising piece … I am from new zealand
    • Just googled dial washer and the first part is definitely a dial washer - not sure if I need it though. I will struggle to photo the other part it is so small - I am of out now will have a go later today.  It is only about .5mm thick.  I was wondering if it is some sort of strap to secure the movement in place.
    • Hello everyone. This is my first proper post here I hope someone can help me to identify this "issue". I have a Vostok watch from the 80's with the 2409 movement. It keeps good time (within 3 seconds a day). Beat error is 0.1 ms and the amplitude fluctuates between 240° and 265° depending on the position. The issue with the watch is that I hear a strange sound that only goes away when losening the balance cock screw. As soon as the screw starts putting the minimum amount of pressure to the balance cock the strange sound begins. Currently I don't have the proper tools to handle the movement aside from proper watchmaker's screwdrivers so I cannot take out the balance cock assembly to check if something seems off. I have attached two audio files, the first one with the balance cock screw properly tightened. The second one with the balance cock screw lose. Excuse the poor quality audio but is the best I could do with what I have available.   Hopefuly someone can help me identify this issue. 2409 sample 1.wav 2409 sample 2.wav