Can anyone tell me what this fob type Watch is for

Question

Hi all, I picked this up recently at a Watch fair because I like unusual, it’s quite heavy with a screw in back which is locked in place with a screw and has a large D ring riveted to the case back and the dial is marked top and bottom 2679, I just wondered if anyone would know what it was used for or who may have made it. It seems to be fairly good quality Case and movement wise but no makers marks. Any input appreciated.

2C971CFB-3D68-474A-941B-14217CB285AA.jpeg

7223F829-825B-454D-B1A6-0EA6B049A38D.jpeg

4D4D66D4-40AB-4872-9B37-8F346E6DDED6.jpeg

9 answers to this question

It has a very utilitarian industrial look about it. The 'D' ring suggests it was on a piece of webbing or perhaps a wire anchor.
I would guess it is from an industrial or military setting, and was designed to be robust, accurate and difficult to steal.

Another thought would be that it was attached to a uniform. Perhaps a prison warder or a ships officer.

Its an intriguing piece. Did the seller offer any clues about its possible origin?

Edited by AndyHull
11 hours ago, vinn3 said:

dose the screw lock the case back?  my guess is "survival gear".  vin

yes the screw locks the case back in place. im guessing if it is military and attached to webbing that stops it unscrewing.

10 hours ago, AndyHull said:

It has a very utilitarian industrial look about it. The 'D' ring suggests it was on a piece of webbing or perhaps a wire anchor.
I would guess it is from an industrial or military setting, and was designed to be robust, accurate and difficult to steal.

Another thought would be that it was attached to a uniform. Perhaps a prison warder or a ships officer.

Its an intriguing piece. Did the seller offer any clues about its possible origin?

i bought it in germany,  the dealer couldn't tell me anything about it, but i think you are right about its possible uses. thank you