New Tissot. your thoughts?

tt.JPG.c31618dd5f28bb0be075a8374038ae5d.JPG

Came across this new Tissot Visodate. I can't get around having the date-window next to the "3" marker..  makes the dial look fussy. Your thoughts?

Another thing that bugs me is the fact that the date window so far inboard tells me that there will be a big movement ring in there but this will not be an issue for the guy who actually buys one.

p.s. It has a solid caseback

Anilv

Edited by anilv

I like a watch to have a nice clear dial with the date at 3 and easy to see. The hands are a nice old-fashioned style. The black and gold go together well. The only thing for me is the tissot logo it is a bit over powering. As its manual and not quartz, for me that is a big plus. I hate quartz watches and clocks.  :thumbsu:

• Like 1

I agree I don't like the date window next to the 3, I hadn't thought about a large movement ring until I read what you had typed, but I agree you are probably correct.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I hate quartz watches and clocks.  :thumbsu:

I wonder if this one isn't a new version of an old Watch with a quartz movement in it..
So instead of a large movement ring i would take a guess it has a wide dial ring.
Kind of like it except the logo...

• Like 1

That's very elegant looking. The date window initially looks odd but I think that's more to do with being used to the date window replacing the 3 on the dial.

I'd personally prefer the date at 6 but otherwise it's a clean and elegant watch and mechanical which as per old hippy is a bonus.

Edited by m1ks
  • Like 1

Its an appealing looking watch, but I get what you say about the date window.

I must admit though given the choice I would probably spend my £245 (RRP in the UK)  on something else.

For another twenty quid you can get a Tissot chrono. Tissot Chrono XL Classic Men's Watch T1166171603700

Or their Tissot Watch Couturier - probably the same engine, but a less fussy dial. Alternatively Seiko, Casio, et all do some very nice offerings in the same price range.

• Like 1