After 12 months of reading im finally here

Good day to you from North Wales,

I have been a collector for years and years, spent countless sums on watches and recently have nobody local to take my watches to, so I have over the last twelve months been doing some research, and i now feel ready at the age of 56 to begin the course!! so that i can repair my own watches.  So any help or advice greatly appreciated and if someone could point me in the right direction for the essential tools..i would be grateful. Somewhat arse over the face, i purchased a Wishi1000 and some cheap screwdrivers to regulate some old watches, broke two of them, by touching something I shouldn't!! So this could be the start of a painful journey, or with your help and guidance the beginning of learning a new skill!!

I look forward to keeping you all updated on my progress

Hi

I too, first collected and ended up servicing my own watches. 

Sounds like you need a screwdriver sharpener €2.99 at amazon.

For the names of ETA parts eternaltools.com

Regards

I started when I needed a crystal replacement. It snow balled from there, just be careful or you will end up spending more time working on them than wearing them.. get the best tools you can afford. Buying C.C.S. is false economy.