Budget friendly Bergeon-ique winder/tester

m1ks

A recent purchase which I thought warranted a review.

Chinese Bergeon style winder/tester for auto watches at under £35!

I'm pleased with it currently and will see how it holds up with more use, past 2 days with a morning and evening 2 hour session on an auto plug timer so far.

• Like 3

Always good advice regarding any electrical equipment, (washing machines and dishwashers according to our fire trainer for the nhs are the most common items to cause faults which initially surprised me and I never operate my washing machine whilst out as a result now), the cheap adapter has gone already. It's set to operate only when I'm in during the evening. One thing I didn't cover in the review is that all the electricals are easily accessible to check via a pop on back cover and in this case seem well assembled.

It was a no brainer for me, I was looking at a twin winder with storage cushions for 6 watches on eBay, the largest nice display type I could find but that was £50 ish and would need swapping watches around daily or so.

Admittedly this isn't a pretty display box but it should do what I need.

Can't say my Bergeon winder is as quiet as this. But it's pretty old and have turned many times. Could stand the noise from it during the day but don't think i could sleep in the same room. 

Edited by rogart63

23 hours ago, m1ks said:

One thing I didn't cover in the review is that all the electricals are easily accessible to check via a pop on back cover and in this case seem well assembled.

Same as on my Chinese bench motor. Electricals are all insulated and safely installed. One should really look and check what is what , avoid cliche' statements. At some point I want to get one of these testers too.

• 5 months later...
On 5/6/2019 at 12:30 AM, m1ks said:

A recent purchase which I thought warranted a review.

Chinese Bergeon style winder/tester for auto watches at under £35!

I'm pleased with it currently and will see how it holds up with more use, past 2 days with a morning and evening 2 hour session on an auto plug timer so far.

Hi, is this still holding up well? I'm considering purchasing one. Thanks

6 hours ago, Leitemods said:

Hi, is this still holding up well? I'm considering purchasing one. Thanks

Hi, yes, this is still chugging along, twice a day morning and evening for 2 hours each time keeping my Seiko 5 and Orient watches wound.

• Like 1