Darak

Recommendations about cleaning and rinsing solutions

Hi,

Question about watch cleaning and rinsing solutions, just got an old L&R watch part cleaning machine on eBay, nothing fancy(see photo), the photo is from the seller, didn’t have it on hand yet, I think I’m not using it a lot, because I'm only working on my own watches, but I would like to have the best results possible, like to work on some new Seiko movements, a old Russian Slava movement and more watches to come, need some recommendations for what products to use and where to get them with reasonable price.

If you have any tips, feel free to share too, there really not a lot of material out there on this topic, I mean what products to use, what different between products, what part do not put through the machine, I know plastic parts do not put through the machine so far.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Darak

66526F9F-CEE1-4C42-A5D8-FE51AC71551D.jpeg

FEF8A8F0-9694-48EC-A25C-18F177C3EE62.jpeg

D63AC376-86F4-4A74-A2BA-B29B0A371AB0.jpeg

Edited by Darak

Hi,

Few things worth mentioning is I live in WA, USA, I did watch Mark's video "How to clean watch parts and what solutions to use. Watch repair tutorials.", that's the most detailed video I had seen so far, but this video is made back in 2013 and some products are hard to get. 

Darak

1 hour ago, Darak said:

If you have any tips, feel free to share too, there really not a lot of material out there on this topic, I mean what products to use, what different between products, what part do not put through the machine, I know plastic parts do not put through the machine so far.

Have a look to the pinned topic on the subject:

BTW, I don't think that an old, non-ultrasonic machine will make much of a difference for an hobbist. Personal opinion from experience.

Edited by jdm

13 minutes ago, jdm said:

Have a look to the pinned topic on the subject:

BTW, I don't think that an old, non-ultrasonic machine will make much of a difference for an hobbist. Personal opinion from experience.

Hi Jdm,

Yes, I'm also following that post, thanks.

Darak

9 minutes ago, Darak said:

Yes, I'm also following that post, thanks.

Feel free to post there your questions or experiences. Better IMO to have a single thread per subject rather than scattered discussions.

1 minute ago, jdm said:

Feel free to post there your questions or experiences. Better IMO to have a single thread per subject rather than scattered discussions.

Hi Jdm,

Thanks for the tip, I'll contact the MODs to take this one down.

Darak