Help need on Slava 2427, SU movement

Hello dear watchmakers!

I am now working on a SU movement, Slava 2427. It is a manual-wind movement with day-date complication

I am trying to assemble the watch back together after service but I am stuck on the day disc.

The day disc is fitted OK in my view, teeth underneath the disc interacts with the click and the disc advances naturally as other motion works move clockwise.

However, the problem is that the days written on the disc are not in the right position and do not fit inside the day window of the dial.

What could I have done wrong?? 

Thank you!

20190504_070536.jpg

20190505_063029.jpg

20190505_063116.jpg

If the right disc, check if the gear attached to the back of the disc has loosened/ got out of position.

Turn the disc manually, observe if it stops in the right position. If so the fault is with the jumper.

Hello dear watchmakers!
I am now working on a SU movement, Slava 2427. It is a manual-wind movement with day-date complication
I am trying to assemble the watch back together after service but I am stuck on the day disc.
The day disc is fitted OK in my view, teeth underneath the disc interacts with the click and the disc advances naturally as other motion works move clockwise.
However, the problem is that the days written on the disc are not in the right position and do not fit inside the day window of the dial.
What could I have done wrong?? 
Thank you!

20190504_070536.thumb.jpg.9fb20424c2c5ad94f6c63ab4d992d8ac.jpg
20190505_063029.thumb.jpg.692eb220656e99904df77ef1d9755971.jpg
20190505_063116.thumb.jpg.4f64a5c7a2e29d3c99e1afeaa115ef75.jpg

Hi I have put a video on YouTube for the 2428 movement have a look at that to see if it helps just search Kaz smiths or Slava 2428 my profile pic is a chronograph movement,it’s a bit long but it is fully disassembled and assembled hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is not that many things that could go wrong .

I happen to have a movement lying in the scrap bin I could guide you through the process in a few simple steps.

The first thing is to see the date ring is aligned so it will not push upwards.

Next inspect the day ring so ii's flat and nice.. as you can see the day click wheel is riveted on and needs to be firmly in place too.

When it is put in place gently rotate it clockwise with a slight push, I use two finger for this but in the picture you just see one.

Sometimes you just can push the day jumper into place with a needle throught the inspection holes.

Finaly check the day lever is in place and thats it... 
The design is making it impossible to get into wrong position if everything is ok.

IMG_20190505_094052.jpg

IMG_20190505_094112.jpg

IMG_20190505_094436.jpg

IMG_20190505_095952.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2019 at 5:14 PM, HSL said:

There is not that many things that could go wrong .

I happen to have a movement lying in the scrap bin I could guide you through the process in a few simple steps.

The first thing is to see the date ring is aligned so it will not push upwards.

Next inspect the day ring so ii's flat and nice.. as you can see the day click wheel is riveted on and needs to be firmly in place too.

When it is put in place gently rotate it clockwise with a slight push, I use two finger for this but in the picture you just see one.

Sometimes you just can push the day jumper into place with a needle throught the inspection holes.

Finaly check the day lever is in place and thats it... 
The design is making it impossible to get into wrong position if everything is ok.

IMG_20190505_094052.jpg

IMG_20190505_094112.jpg

IMG_20190505_094436.jpg

IMG_20190505_095952.jpg

On 5/5/2019 at 4:29 PM, BUSAKAZ said:

Hi I have put a video on YouTube for the 2428 movement have a look at that to see if it helps just search Kaz smiths or Slava 2428 my profile pic is a chronograph movement,it’s a bit long but it is fully disassembled and assembled hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/5/2019 at 3:25 PM, Nucejoe said:

If the right disc, check if the gear attached to the back of the disc has loosened/ got out of position.

Turn the disc manually, observe if it stops in the right position. If so the fault is with the jumper.

Well thank you all for advice!!

I managed to turn the gear to put it back to correct position and

the disc now shows the day correctly. Thank you for your help!

• Similar Content