east3rn

Help need on Slava 2427, SU movement

Question

Hello dear watchmakers!

I am now working on a SU movement, Slava 2427. It is a manual-wind movement with day-date complication

I am trying to assemble the watch back together after service but I am stuck on the day disc.

The day disc is fitted OK in my view, teeth underneath the disc interacts with the click and the disc advances naturally as other motion works move clockwise.

However, the problem is that the days written on the disc are not in the right position and do not fit inside the day window of the dial.

What could I have done wrong?? 

Thank you!

20190504_070536.jpg

20190505_063029.jpg

20190505_063116.jpg

4 answers to this question

If the right disc, check if the gear attached to the back of the disc has loosened/ got out of position.

Turn the disc manually, observe if it stops in the right position. If so the fault is with the jumper.

Hello dear watchmakers!
I am now working on a SU movement, Slava 2427. It is a manual-wind movement with day-date complication
I am trying to assemble the watch back together after service but I am stuck on the day disc.
The day disc is fitted OK in my view, teeth underneath the disc interacts with the click and the disc advances naturally as other motion works move clockwise.
However, the problem is that the days written on the disc are not in the right position and do not fit inside the day window of the dial.
What could I have done wrong?? 
Thank you!

20190504_070536.thumb.jpg.9fb20424c2c5ad94f6c63ab4d992d8ac.jpg
20190505_063029.thumb.jpg.692eb220656e99904df77ef1d9755971.jpg
20190505_063116.thumb.jpg.4f64a5c7a2e29d3c99e1afeaa115ef75.jpg

Hi I have put a video on YouTube for the 2428 movement have a look at that to see if it helps just search Kaz smiths or Slava 2428 my profile pic is a chronograph movement,it’s a bit long but it is fully disassembled and assembled hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is not that many things that could go wrong .

I happen to have a movement lying in the scrap bin I could guide you through the process in a few simple steps.

The first thing is to see the date ring is aligned so it will not push upwards.

Next inspect the day ring so ii's flat and nice.. as you can see the day click wheel is riveted on and needs to be firmly in place too.

When it is put in place gently rotate it clockwise with a slight push, I use two finger for this but in the picture you just see one.

Sometimes you just can push the day jumper into place with a needle throught the inspection holes.

Finaly check the day lever is in place and thats it... 
The design is making it impossible to get into wrong position if everything is ok.

IMG_20190505_094052.jpg

IMG_20190505_094112.jpg

IMG_20190505_094436.jpg

IMG_20190505_095952.jpg

On 5/5/2019 at 5:14 PM, HSL said:

There is not that many things that could go wrong .

I happen to have a movement lying in the scrap bin I could guide you through the process in a few simple steps.

The first thing is to see the date ring is aligned so it will not push upwards.

Next inspect the day ring so ii's flat and nice.. as you can see the day click wheel is riveted on and needs to be firmly in place too.

When it is put in place gently rotate it clockwise with a slight push, I use two finger for this but in the picture you just see one.

Sometimes you just can push the day jumper into place with a needle throught the inspection holes.

Finaly check the day lever is in place and thats it... 
The design is making it impossible to get into wrong position if everything is ok.

IMG_20190505_094052.jpg

IMG_20190505_094112.jpg

IMG_20190505_094436.jpg

IMG_20190505_095952.jpg

On 5/5/2019 at 4:29 PM, BUSAKAZ said:

Hi I have put a video on YouTube for the 2428 movement have a look at that to see if it helps just search Kaz smiths or Slava 2428 my profile pic is a chronograph movement,it’s a bit long but it is fully disassembled and assembled hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/5/2019 at 3:25 PM, Nucejoe said:

If the right disc, check if the gear attached to the back of the disc has loosened/ got out of position.

Turn the disc manually, observe if it stops in the right position. If so the fault is with the jumper.

Well thank you all for advice!!

I managed to turn the gear to put it back to correct position and

the disc now shows the day correctly. Thank you for your help!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Furqan
      Hello Everyone.
      I need some help with repairing my Emporio Armani ar-1922.
      I've watched some videos on YouTube but none of them resemble the movement of this particular watch.
      My first problem is removing the stem/crown. I cannot see anything which looks like it will release the stem and I don't want to poke around inside it any more for fear of creating any damage.
      Any help will be much appreciated.
      Thanks.

• By Mrfixit
      Hi peoole, any idea what this movement is ? Suffers a broken centre pinion I would like to source. Thanks in advance.

• By Marc5555
      So ive been wanting to build my own watch for a while after having worked on my own watches for quite some time. The only apprehension i have is how does one size a dial to fit a case. Lets say i have a miyota 8215 a 41 mm cade that fits that movement would a 31 mm dial fit that case? 
      I guess my question is how does one tell if a dial will fit a case. I understand all cases are different
    • By VWatchie
      Vostok 2409 Service Walkthrough Disassembly Pictures (Please sort by name in ascending order)
      Vostok 2409 Service Walkthrough Assembly Pictures (Please sort by name in ascending order)

Being able to service the ETA calibre 2824-2 was a long-term goal and a dream when I started servicing and repairing watches some years ago. However, my first “calibre love” was the Vostok 2409; a reliable Soviet/Russian 17 jewels manual workhorse without any complications which has been around since 1970. It is still in production and found in Vostok’s Komandirskie series of watches, by some called the AK-47s of the watch world, together with its bigger brother the Vostok Amphibian dive watch.
      Modern-day Vostok Amphibians use the automatic Vostok 2415 (w/o date complication) and 2416 (with date complication) calibres, but the Amphibian that I’m servicing in this walkthrough, an Albatross Radio Room, popular among collectors, is from the 1980s and in those days the manual 2409, as well as its predecessor 2209, was commonly used in the Amphibians as well as the Komandirskies.
      While I was servicing this watch, I noticed that the crystal didn’t fit perfectly in the watch case. Being a serious dive watch originally designed for the Soviet navy this was, of course, unacceptable, so I replaced the crystal and video recorded the event in my “Bergeon No 5500 Crystal Press Review”.
      For me, the 2409 was a great movement to get started with as it probably is the most affordable movement on the planet, and spare parts are readily available and cost next to nothing. A lost or damaged part never spells financial disaster. Also, eBay offers an abundance of used Vostok watches in decent condition housing this movement for as little as $20 and sometimes less. A brand new Vostok 2409 (www.meranom.com) can be had for as little as $27. Be aware that, almost without exception, the eBay listings always state that these Vostok watches have been serviced, but in my experience they never are. Well, maybe dipped in a can of naphtha, left to dry and then injected with a bit of oil here and there. I’ve seen horrible examples!
      A somewhat tricky bit about the 2409 is to remove and replace the anti-shock springs. For this, I use a self-made tool made from peg wood. It’s shown in one of the assembly pictures together with a description of how I made it. A very similar tool is demonstrated in this video.
      Later, as I was working myself through Mark Lovick’s watchrepairlessons.com courses, I trained with the Unitas 6498 pocket watch movement which is the selected movement for the courses. In all honesty, from a learning point, the Unitas 6498 would have been an easier movement to get started with (especially the anti-shock springs), but the tinkering with the Vostok 2409 was a low-cost and fun way to get started and made me better prepared for the courses which answered a bunch of questions and was amazingly instructive.
      Eventually, I plan to publish a “Vostok 2414 Service Walkthrough”. The 2414 is identical to the 2409 but adds a very uncomplicated date complication.
      So, if you want a whole lot of fun for next to nothing when it comes to money, there is no other movement I would recommend before the Vostok 24XX movements, and the 2409 is a great starting point if you have a desire to begin tinkering with watches. Be warned though; tinkering may take over a substantial chunk of your life! 
    • By east3rn
      Hello. 
      I am working on this  vintage A.Schild movement and a jewel on the wheel bridge.
      It is a jewel for the 3rd wheel but is cracked so needs replacement.
      I measured the outer and inner diameter and they are 1.2mm and 0.17mm respectively.
      Could any one help me find the replacement for this jewel??
      I am always grateful for your help.