east3rn

Help need on Slava 2427, SU movement

Question

Hello dear watchmakers!

I am now working on a SU movement, Slava 2427. It is a manual-wind movement with day-date complication

I am trying to assemble the watch back together after service but I am stuck on the day disc.

The day disc is fitted OK in my view, teeth underneath the disc interacts with the click and the disc advances naturally as other motion works move clockwise.

However, the problem is that the days written on the disc are not in the right position and do not fit inside the day window of the dial.

What could I have done wrong?? 

Thank you!

20190504_070536.jpg

20190505_063029.jpg

20190505_063116.jpg

4 answers to this question

If the right disc, check if the gear attached to the back of the disc has loosened/ got out of position.

Turn the disc manually, observe if it stops in the right position. If so the fault is with the jumper.

Hello dear watchmakers!
I am now working on a SU movement, Slava 2427. It is a manual-wind movement with day-date complication
I am trying to assemble the watch back together after service but I am stuck on the day disc.
The day disc is fitted OK in my view, teeth underneath the disc interacts with the click and the disc advances naturally as other motion works move clockwise.
However, the problem is that the days written on the disc are not in the right position and do not fit inside the day window of the dial.
What could I have done wrong?? 
Thank you!

20190504_070536.thumb.jpg.9fb20424c2c5ad94f6c63ab4d992d8ac.jpg
20190505_063029.thumb.jpg.692eb220656e99904df77ef1d9755971.jpg
20190505_063116.thumb.jpg.4f64a5c7a2e29d3c99e1afeaa115ef75.jpg

Hi I have put a video on YouTube for the 2428 movement have a look at that to see if it helps just search Kaz smiths or Slava 2428 my profile pic is a chronograph movement,it’s a bit long but it is fully disassembled and assembled hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is not that many things that could go wrong .

I happen to have a movement lying in the scrap bin I could guide you through the process in a few simple steps.

The first thing is to see the date ring is aligned so it will not push upwards.

Next inspect the day ring so ii's flat and nice.. as you can see the day click wheel is riveted on and needs to be firmly in place too.

When it is put in place gently rotate it clockwise with a slight push, I use two finger for this but in the picture you just see one.

Sometimes you just can push the day jumper into place with a needle throught the inspection holes.

Finaly check the day lever is in place and thats it... 
The design is making it impossible to get into wrong position if everything is ok.

IMG_20190505_094052.jpg

IMG_20190505_094112.jpg

IMG_20190505_094436.jpg

IMG_20190505_095952.jpg

On 5/5/2019 at 5:14 PM, HSL said:

There is not that many things that could go wrong .

I happen to have a movement lying in the scrap bin I could guide you through the process in a few simple steps.

The first thing is to see the date ring is aligned so it will not push upwards.

Next inspect the day ring so ii's flat and nice.. as you can see the day click wheel is riveted on and needs to be firmly in place too.

When it is put in place gently rotate it clockwise with a slight push, I use two finger for this but in the picture you just see one.

Sometimes you just can push the day jumper into place with a needle throught the inspection holes.

Finaly check the day lever is in place and thats it... 
The design is making it impossible to get into wrong position if everything is ok.

IMG_20190505_094052.jpg

IMG_20190505_094112.jpg

IMG_20190505_094436.jpg

IMG_20190505_095952.jpg

On 5/5/2019 at 4:29 PM, BUSAKAZ said:

Hi I have put a video on YouTube for the 2428 movement have a look at that to see if it helps just search Kaz smiths or Slava 2428 my profile pic is a chronograph movement,it’s a bit long but it is fully disassembled and assembled hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/5/2019 at 3:25 PM, Nucejoe said:

If the right disc, check if the gear attached to the back of the disc has loosened/ got out of position.

Turn the disc manually, observe if it stops in the right position. If so the fault is with the jumper.

Well thank you all for advice!!

I managed to turn the gear to put it back to correct position and

the disc now shows the day correctly. Thank you for your help!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Calvin03
      Hello 
      I just bought A Mido watch pre-owned and certified COSC of course it must be a really accurate watch right but at least +/-10second a day worst
      But this watch run fast like 1- 1.5 minutes a day...from the movement blue screws i see that the watch has never being serviced since it first owner,
      I want to ask,does this watch need service or this watch got magnetize? Cause it just run fast 1-2 minutes fast and i see many articles say that magnetize watch can run fast to hours..
      Thanks
    • By Domovoy
      Hello Sirs and Madams,

I am delighted to start this journey, this is my first time opening a mechanical watch and actually unscrewing a screw =D
      This is a Soviet Slava wrist watch that my uncle gifted in the distant past... initially 20 years ago I though I over wound the spring and broke it because the crown almost turned in neutral and would not hold sprint tension...
      ISSUE: The crown spins almost freely and the watch will not hold the wind, the crown unwinds back.
      Here is what I have done - took the back plate off, observed the mechanism and a youtube video to find a part called the "click" please correct me if I am wrong.  Under this "click" I found a spring in 2 pieces which I assume should be in one piece so that it can twist the click against the large cog to stop it from unwinding. 
      PLEASE advise me if I diagnosed the issue correctly and where I can find the proper parts to put back this watch back in operation.
    • By VWatchie
      ETA Calibre 2772 Service Walkthrough Pictures – Disassembly
      (Please sort the pictures by name in ascending order)
      ETA Calibre 2772 Service Walkthrough Pictures – Assembly
      (Please sort the pictures by name in ascending order)
      For the disassembly sequence to make sense it is important that the pictures are sorted by name in ascending order. Generally, the sequence of pictures first shows the part to be removed in its position on the movement and the following picture shows the removed part along with any screws that held it in place.
      For the assembly sequence to make sense it is important that the pictures are sorted by name in ascending order. Generally, the sequence of pictures first shows the part to be assembled along with any screws holding it in place. If needed, the following picture shows the section of the movement where that part is to be assembled along with my lubrication suggestion, and the picture after that shows the part when assembled to the movement.
      Note that this is not a maintenance servicing tutorial. To be able to service a watch movement some basic tools are required as well as some basic skills. It’s not difficult but it requires a bit of practice and perseverance. I’ve used a lot of sources on the internet to learn about servicing and repairing but watchrepairlessons have so far not only been the best source but also the most affordable source I’ve come across. I am a patron of watchrepairlessons but I’m in no way affiliated with it.
      Prior to servicing this calibre 2772, I’ve serviced an ETA calibre 2472 and two ETA calibre 2824-2s and the kinship between these movement is obvious. The 2472 is from the mid-60s, the 2772 is from the mid-70s, and the 2824-2 is from the early 80s. They all have the same type of distinguishing train. The keyless works of the 2472 and the 2772 is of the more traditional type whereas the keyless works of the 2824-2 quite a bit more sophisticated. However, the calendar works of the older 2472 is by far the more complex with its instant flip over of the date. It has been very interesting to study the similarities and differences between these three related automatic ETA movements.

• By Furqan
      Hello Everyone.
      I need some help with repairing my Emporio Armani ar-1922.
      I've watched some videos on YouTube but none of them resemble the movement of this particular watch.
      My first problem is removing the stem/crown. I cannot see anything which looks like it will release the stem and I don't want to poke around inside it any more for fear of creating any damage.
      Any help will be much appreciated.
      Thanks.

• By Mrfixit
      Hi peoole, any idea what this movement is ? Suffers a broken centre pinion I would like to source. Thanks in advance.