clockboy

8. Charlie925

Charlie925

9. vinn3

vinn3

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I have a link below where you can look at pictures of what it's supposed to look like and get a clue of pricing which of course does not apply to this watch at all.   https://www.chrono24.com/zenith/el-primero--mod192.htm
    • I need 4 brass bushes for the automatic movement of an Omega 455 (small!), but can't find any from the usual suppliers I use. The size is 1.00 x 0.2 x 0.22 (dia, hole, ht).  Cousins have the complete upper bridge, but then I still need 2 for the lower.  I could use jewels in the lower bridge, but the nearest Seitz size is 1.40 x 0.20. Can anyone help ?
    • I think that just tells that they weren't rich enough, and got quickly bored of the toy when the speed limit of 55 MPH, and is equally out of place at the racetrack. I had a friend that loved Ferrari, was wealthy but not rich, crashed his front engined thing at the track and got the monster bill. He then must have tought of saving on maintenance by opening his own Ferrari specialized shop, that was another mistake, the Italian mechanic he hired stuffed him somehow, before it was found that he was not legal to work in the US. Rich is not one that owns a $15K watch or a 1.5 Mil car or house, is one that can lose it and can laugh that off becase it doesn't make a dent to his fortune.
    • You're probably going to have to take the dial off so we can see the setting parts on the other side. Unless were lucky when you take the dial off it actually says who made the movement.
    • Typically on the majority of American pocket watches the movement is set up similar to yours.  This is where the watch itself has no stem as that is in the case. So your movement is fine make sure when you're putting it together to lubricate all of the stuff associated with the setting so it's slide smoothly. Link down below so you can look at the pictures. It's not really important but you're missing the micro regulator adjustment. You can still regulate the watch fine without it. Then the crown is most definitely does not look like the right crown for this particular case. It almost looks more like a wristwatch style crown for American watches. I went attached some images you can see what the wristwatch version looks like. Also a picture of the typical pocket watch stem and sleeve arrangement. https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/search/result/illinois/4927242