Citizens 4-901177 K (Cal.8110A) Restoration

Hi W,  Looks good, shiny clean new looks. 

I escpeciaaly like the shock system on 8810A, No end or side shake, excellent chrome plating. Some weakness in complitions yet overall good deal for the money.

Wear it in health and happiness.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:43 PM, Nucejoe said:

Hi W,  Looks good, shiny clean new looks. 

I escpeciaaly like the shock system on 8810A, No end or side shake, excellent chrome plating. Some weakness in complitions yet overall good deal for the money.

Wear it in health and happiness.

Thank you for your kind words. If you recall you helped me out early on in this project which resulted me in tearing down a number of these 8110A while leaning to master them.

All my best to you,

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2019 at 1:48 PM, rogart63 said:

What a great cleanup you have done. It didn't look like it could become so nice . Have you change the chapter ring as that looks like it would be far gone. 

Thank you, you have an observant eye and good question. Based on the before pic it does not look like the same chapter, but honestly, I can remember anymore. As part of this process I have collected a number of these Citizen’s i.e. complete watches, cases and parts.

I am a Seiko guy but have grown to appreciate the 8110A, there a bit more complex .

Take care and all the best

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice watch and better than the Seiko 6139 in that it has flyback.

In my view the only minus points are the base metal case and the fact that its proportions are a bit bulky.. to thick for its width.

I also like the unusual way you set the day, by clicking one of the pushers when in date quickset mode.

Anilv