Sign in to follow this  
TexasDon

Pay it forward

This is a very sharing, knowledgeable community so I would like to give something back and encourage others to possibly, do likewise. I've recently replaced the original 7S26a movement in my very early Seiko SKX007 diver with a 7S36a. There is nothing likely wrong with the old movement other than needing a thorough cleaning, oiling and regulating. My original diagnosis of a broken mainspring was in error. It is complete with day and date wheels. The original stem and crown are also included. It's absolutely free to anyone who wants it for a movement on which to practice your repair skills. I'll pay for postage anywhere in the world. The catch? You must do something similar with an item that you no longer need. It has to be watch or clock related, shipped at your expense and at no cost to the recipient. The first PM to me will be the new owner. Anyone?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Dial looks original. It should be the Yin to the Yang of the one I posted above. As a bonus, the seller claims it actually works, which is a relative rarity for prospective 404 club members. I think I may swap out the steel strap though.
    • If you look carefully at the actual statement its loose pallet stones etc. It's more of a generalization statement. The graphical display comes from the sounds of the escapement. One side of the escapement produces one line the other side the other line. Then there's a problem with timing machines and liquid crystal displays we can see the pixels. So the upper line is migrating relatively straight across the display moving up one pixel at a time but remaining straight. The lower line looks like it's wandering around both going up and down. It really should look more like the upper line. So anything that affects the escapement affects the sounds shows up on the display. As it looks like only one side then it would be typically one side of the escapement. So loose pallet stone possibly even the roller jewel which would affect both could be damaged and I've even seen a loose roller jewel only show up on one side. Escapement lubrication one stone gets lubricated the other does not look like this along with anything that screws up the escapement dirty escapement etc. So cleaning examining and re-lubricating would be a good idea. Then a watch made in the early 70s isn't exactly a vintage watch it really should look a little better.
    • Could the brass coloured washer be a dial washer? The second part... no idea, how thick is it? Can we see some pictures?
    • Look into Omega pushers. They have the same construction as the Breitling . Not sure which model now so you have to do some research.  
    • I received my Ronda 703 movement today, it had a couple of extra parts with it that I have no clue what they are for. The first is a brass coloured washer  - roughly 2mm outside diameter, 1mm inside diameter and curved. The second is brass coloured plate about 5mm x 1.5mm with an open ended hole at each end. Does anyone have an idea what these are for?