diver-style ceramic bezel insert 31.3mm ID/38.8 OD

All,

I have a Submariner homage by Grovana. It has a typical painted aluminum bezel - which is showing typical wear.

I would like to find a ceramic replacement - but haven't been able to locate one in the needed dimensions.

Does anyone know if/where a ceramic diver-style bezel insert is available with an inner diameter of 31.3 (or 31.4) mm and an outer diameter of 38.8 mm?

Kind Regards,

-Paul

8 hours ago, transporter said:

Are they the same size as a Seiko? If so have you looked at Monster watch.eu or other Seiko mod sites

Transporter,

Thanks for your suggestion.

It's not the same size as the Seiko bezels that I have found measurements. But, that that's not to say that it's not the same size as some Seiko.

-Paul.

11 hours ago, PaulnKC said:

Does anyone know if/where a ceramic diver-style bezel insert is available with an inner diameter of 31.3 (or 31.4) mm and an outer diameter of 38.8 mm?

I don't know about availability, but that is the same size as a Seiko SNZF "Sea Urchin".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jdm said:

I don't know about availability, but that is the same size as a Seiko SNZF "Sea Urchin".

Fantastic, thanks!

That's probably a more common application than the Grovana to search on. I'll see what I can find with that.

2 hours ago, jdm said:

jdm,

I was able to find a supplier of ceramic inserts for the "SNZF Urchins" - and it appears that the dimensions will work with my Grovana 1571. Won't know for sure until it arrives, but really excited about prospect of getting rid of that beat-up aluminum bezel.

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to share that info!

-Paul

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So - here's an update on the Seiko Bezel insert...

I received the insert this morning - only to find that Seiko makes the tops of their bezels flat (parallel with the face of the watch) as opposed to conical (like every other diver bezel that I have seen). So, even though looking at one of those sea urchins with the insert installed - looks like a "regular" bezel insert. It's not.

So - now I'm searching again.

If I could file the backside of the insert to be conical - it would probably work. But, I don't think that's going to be an option.

-Paul

On 4/25/2019 at 10:25 AM, PaulnKC said:

Transporter,

Thanks for your suggestion.

It's not the same size as the Seiko bezels that I have found measurements. But, that that's not to say that it's not the same size as some Seiko.

-Paul.

Try this link. Read the second post.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/skx007-style-bezel-insert-skx031-841116.html