Indian Allwyn watches

Has anyone here worked on an Allwyn manual wind 17 jewel movement?

I bought one yesterday, (awaiting delivery), because the movement image intrigued me, the crown pinion doesn't have a screw head as you'd normally see but looks more like a rivet or Allen bolt with the hole but without the hex sides to it.

It's simple curiosity and being Indian and a bit different I wanted one for my collection and to see why that design when I try to strip it.

Apparently they were a collaboration between Seiko, possibly they didn't like hmt/citizen getting all the glory in India?

I suspect they may have a nearly identical clone Citizen 1802 movement to the manual HMT 0231 based watches, or perhaps one of the manual Seikos. I picked up a franken "Sieko" automatic which has an Allwyn automatic movement which is stamped A6319 - and is a clone or re-badged Seiko 6319A

Either way, I would expect it to be a robust, well constructed workhorse movement. Don't forget to post some pics when it arrives.

Edited by AndyHull

1 hour ago, AndyHull said:

Seiko_63A.jpg

Does it look anything like this perhaps?

If so it is probably a derivative of the Seiko 6310A

It does indeed Andy. Thank you.

I never thought of doing a search for Seiko movements to see. Bit silly considering I'd read that they were a collaborative effort and I knew HMT were a clone Citizen.

I'll share pics when it arrives.