Seiko v657-9010 crystal replacement loose

wch

This is my first attempt in replacing a watch crystal.  Watch is Seiko v657-9010.

• After removing crystal, there was tacky/sticky substance on the crystal and the case.  It did not appear to be a gasket.
  • Crystal measures 30mm x 1.5mm.
  • https://boley.de/en/case-parts/seiko/33811.v657-9010 did not show a crystal gasket for this case.
  • The old crystal now fits very loose in the case.  Does Seiko use sealant or glue for this case?  What can I do to secure the crystal?
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, jdm said:

The gasket size specifies both inner and outer diameter, so it will match crystal size and case opening. 

However if you want to avoid buying a new crystal then use glue, that way you can do without a crystal press also.

• 4 years later...

Hi. How has this turned out? About to do the same thing with the same type of watch, which I bought brand new in 1998 or perhaps 1999.

I agree with 'wch' there isn't a rubber seal by the glass. I also had some kind of sticky paste or glue of sorts around the edge of the glass. Noticed the diameter is slightly larger than 30 mm, so I opted for a branded replacement glass with exact dimensions. 

Any recommendations to new sealant? 

Thought of using Gs-hypo. Will work?

Watch is only water resistant to 5 ATM.

The piece has sentimental value to me, so I dont mind spending a few dollars to get it back in shape. 

Tnx

Edited by Vector
Adding the fact that the crystal hasn't been tampered with by any other previous owners.

c0366a_pic1_cmyk.jpg.32c915ccfaf7481716f2c6ee80a2b4eb.jpg

Seiko has an UV cured adhesive for their crystals. This adhesive requires the use of an UV light source to harden the resin. It is ideal for a beginner because there is no working time. But it comes in a rather large bottle, which is sufficient for hundreds of jobs and it's not that cheap. 

I use an UV glue from AliExpress, which is a lot cheaper but it still requires a UV light and comes in an even bigger bottle.

1766054487-1477860187.thumb.jpg.1b74dadd7f65fab652778454920e9c31.jpg
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtEYxri

I also use the UV led torch from them.