I have made a habbit of checking set mech with just the mainplate and stem, fixing faults, rinse and start assembly with stem attached. I feel more direct control over/ much improved stem installation and results.
Good percentage of postings for help are about stem issues, most of which will surprisingly be eliminated if we start assembly with " stem issues solved" approach.
Thanks, and yes, that could very well be the problem! The design definitely seems to leave no room for imperfections! However, I'm happy to say that I just came up with a solution. I'm not a technical guy so I really, truly surprised myself (än är inte undrens tid förbi ). I realized that the case was big enough to insert the movement into the case with the stem attached to the movement, crown unscrewed of course, and then hold the stem with pliers inside the case while screwing back the crown from the outside of the case.
Somehow, I missed this one. I have not gone through all the posts.
The s/spring hangs from the small bracket behind the movement, red circle; the pendulum and its rod are attached to the s/spring. The crutch fits into a slot in the pendulum. The s/spring and pendulum fitting is similar to a Vienna wall clock, the proper ones not the cheap German type.