• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Wow, great collections! I just have the one, that I got some while back. Non-running, the balance wheel has come loose from the balance staff, and with its design I'm not sure how to stake it so I'm just looking for another one instead. It's an M75 so should be fairly easy to pick one up from the bay, I just need to pull my finger out.  And I've found the stem bridge assembly so fiddly! Give me a Japanese chrono to reassemble any day rather than another one of those!       
    • I'm back! Sorry about that, I have been without internet for over a week and have only just got it all sorted out. Being off grid I rely on 4G for my internet. I thought there had been a problem with the local mast but it turned out to be a problem with my router. Never mind, all sorted now. watchweasol - Thank you for those tips, I will send them a message and see what they have. JerseyMo -  Hello to you and thank you very much for all your input. I hadn't even considered about the interchangeability of the hands, I just assumed that they would fit both mechanisms. I was under the impression that the M75 movement was the same as the M25 movement but a nicer movement with jewels. Just that information has saved me a whole lot of work and disappointment. To be honest with you, I wasn't looking forward to attempting to swap the faces over. It was just that I have the 21 jewel movement and it seemed like an easy way to fix the watch for my daughter.   If it was possible for me to either buy the parts I need or find a suitable doner watch, I think that would be the way forward. My problem with sourcing a doner watch is that there seem to be a number of similar looking timex watches with slightly different size watch cases which logic tells me will have slightly different length winder stems? I have attached a couple of pictures with dimensions on for reference. I have also noticed that the black plastic bezel is also cracked. Does anyone know if these are available? Any help with sorting out this watch would be most appreciated as I'm beginning to feel that maybe this is a much bigger job than I had originally thought! Many thanks to you very knowledgeable people out there! Grae
    • I just grabbed this 1971 vintage Seiko Lord-Matic. It was being sold as a non-runner, hopefully nothing is actually broken.  I'd like to replace the Crystal, but it looks like there isn't a direct replacement currently available on the internet. At the very least the dial needs some attention with some kind of stain around the day window. Updates will follow as soon as it arrives.
    • Hey, bit late to the party but I use the Elma 1:9 too. I have spent a lot of time trialing different strategies for cleaning parts. The best I have come up with is Elma 1:9 in an ultrasonic at about 40C for 4 minutes, then rinsing the parts basket in distilled water at 40-50C twice, the second time in the ultrasonic. For some but not all parts I use pure Isopropyl alcohol as a final rinse. I have a gallon of the Suprol rinse here doing nothing but posing a fire hazard. Because I hate the smell of it and also, no matter what I tried it would leave some residue on the parts after drying. I have an Elma S10, non heated ultrasonic cleaner, it works very well. I just run my tap to get the water temperature right, and considering the short cleaning times the water doesn't cool down much.